Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - Denton, Tx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know how many crews they have, but I'll bet they need one of the current 9 crews to finish before they head to Denton. My guess is it will either be the Tallahassee, FL or Plantation, FL crews. Looking at the other 14 permitted sites, they probably need more crews?
217SCs.jpg

I don't know how many crews they have, but I'll bet they need one of the current 9 crews to finish before they head to Denton. My guess is it will either be the Tallahassee, FL or Plantation, FL crews. Looking at the other 14 permitted sites, they probably need more crews?
Maybe they do have more crews. Two locations just opened, Las Vegas yesterday and Columbia, MO, last Friday. We can only hope.

Last edited:

It sure stands out from that map that 30 and 40 (AR, TN) need to be bridged, as well as 10 and 20 in W Texas.

What on earth is wrong with the permitting process in Texas? It seems like they have the worst "Big Government" red tape & Bureaucracy in the United States.
Are they really going to make a whole year to issue a simple permit?
The permit was issued months ago in July.

Denton says that the delays are Tesla's responsibility, not theirs -- take that for what you will.

....Its just the local Texas government.. dragging their feet, for reasons only they know...... but which we all suspect : )
It looks like Texas will win the Prize for the world's slowest Permit Issuing Process and the worst Delay of a SuperCharger Construction...

I don't understand. The permit was approved months ago.

Don't worry about it. Texas-bashing by Californians is common. They only know what they hear on the news. There is much of it on the thread about the SA service center issues. If a California SC was delayed to make clarification of potential environmental impact, there would have been no comment made.

Texas is the most hated state in the US, so just deal with it.

Don't worry about it. Texas-bashing by Californians is common. They only know what they hear on the news. There is much of it on the thread about the SA service center issues. If a California SC was delayed to make clarification of potential environmental impact, there would have been no comment made.

Texas is the most hated state in the US, so just deal with it.
I moved to Texas from California, so I get it. Read this thread from #187 forward (only nine messages back) and report back: #187 :D

Its an interesting conclusion to state that Texas is 'hated'. A little strong, perhaps? Not my choice of words. Although it is true that Texas represents the US's central hub of the world's Oil businesses and hence, politically, they tend to lobby for and support businesses that promote Petro-Carbon based products. I don't think anyone would disagree with that. But hated is still a strong word. Many country's economies, in the world are driven by petro-carbon production and refinement; it doesn't mean we 'hate' them. We do however, need to help them make progress. Escalating CO2 is a serious issue for everyone. It knows no boundaries. It seems to be the most important issue faced by Man today. Im not sure of any issue that has the potential to damage more lives than CO2 can?.... It behooves all of us to encourage these Oil dependent locations, including Texas, to move forwards. To make progress, aggressively. To remove their local government barriers. They do have a reputation of not being very progressive when it comes to promoting the electrification of transport, and even blocking the opening of Sales outlets by Tesla for example, or driving political lobbies that support the burning of Oil, the tax subsidies for Oil exploration and the tax subsidies of Coal production... totaling around $500B each year. blah blah.. In the end, their political people are represented by their local majority viewpoint.
And, yes, this is what we read in the news, papers like the Economist are perhaps the best reads. Although perhaps considered a little Liberal by many. And Yes, you're right Californians do tend to view that Texas's attitude to burning petro-carbons as.....let's say, " lacking a sustainable attitude towards the future..."

It would be nice to see Texas taking more of a leadership position in the electrification of he United States.

Its an interesting conclusion to state that Texas is 'hated'. A little strong, perhaps? Not my choice of words. Although it is true that Texas represents the US's central hub of the world's Oil businesses and hence, politically, they tend to lobby for and support businesses that promote Petro-Carbon based products. I don't think anyone would disagree with that. But hated is still a strong word. Many country's economies, in the world are driven by petro-carbon production and refinement; it doesn't mean we 'hate' them. We do however, need to help them make progress. Escalating CO2 is a serious issue for everyone. It knows no boundaries. It seems to be the most important issue faced by Man today. Im not sure of any issue that has the potential to damage more lives than CO2 can?.... It behooves all of us to encourage these Oil dependent locations, including Texas, to move forwards. To make progress, aggressively. To remove their local government barriers. They do have a reputation of not being very progressive when it comes to promoting the electrification of transport, and even blocking the opening of Sales outlets by Tesla for example, or driving political lobbies that support the burning of Oil, the tax subsidies for Oil exploration and the tax subsidies of Coal production... totaling around $500B each year. blah blah.. In the end, their political people are represented by their local majority viewpoint.
And, yes, this is what we read in the news, papers like the Economist are perhaps the best reads. Although perhaps considered a little Liberal by many. And Yes, you're right Californians do tend to view that Texas's attitude to burning petro-carbons as.....let's say, " lacking a sustainable attitude towards the future..."

It would be nice to see Texas taking more of a leadership position in the electrification of he United States.
Dawnh, you must come down and visit us. We'll show you a good time!

As for leadership in electrification, let's just refer to the most recent National Drive Electric Week stats:

EventAttendeesVehiclesE-Miles Driven
Los Angeles, CA12232314,860,505
San Diego, CA7961151,712,921
San Mateo, CA59834616,531
Dallas-Fort Worth, TX4661252,312,577
It's not like we aren't trying. Nobody comes close to matching California's leadership, but just to note, Texas generates over 12 MW of energy from wind, compared to only 5 MW in California. In fact, 10-to-20% of the Texas grid is wind-powered.

As for Denton (after all, that is the topic of this thread), the City says they would have approved the permit LAST YEAR, had Tesla completed the application. Your continued assertions that Denton hasn't been built because a permit hasn't been issued are simply incorrect.