Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Deptford NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For ideas on what's holding things up, there's a couple of possibilities. My best guesses are:
  1. There's an easement issue or they are waiting on approvals to access a Right Of Way to run the cables to the power lines. In the majority of cases I'm familiar with where the site is done but sits waiting for a (comparatively) really long time for the utility transformer and activation, this seems to have been what's behind it.
  2. There is a dispute between Tesla and the contractor who built the location and work won't recommence or be finished until it is resolved.
Note, both of these possibilities are entirely hypothetical and I have no indication that either one is the problem. Regardless, if it is one of these things, the Township likely has no insight. You'd need to find out from Tesla, the utility, or the contractor.

Hey Guys,

Good news. I stopped by today and PSE&G has installed the meter! Does anyone know how long until they turn it on?

Attachments

• image3 (1).jpeg
    image3 (1).jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Meter-Close.jpeg
    Meter-Close.jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 60
This whole location is odd. Normally the meter would be reading something, in this case it isn't.
I don’t think that’s that unusual. I don’t think it’s always the case that meter == power on because first you have to install the meter, then you turn on power to the meter, then you turn on power to the stalls.

but I would say it would be reasonable to expect this to be up and running within 30 days now.

I don’t know a realistic timeline but I agree is has to be soonish considering the following:

•utility meter installed
•one of the most important steps of finalizing the set up within the past few days
•Tesla put it on “in-car nav” as temp closed (I know this was a couple of weeks ago but it’s still and indication that Tesla is 100% ready for this to be turned on)

I assume once the meter is in they just have to allow power to be turned on to the cabinets and stalls like lensovet said.

I don’t think that’s that unusual. I don’t think it’s always the case that meter == power on because first you have to install the meter, then you turn on power to the meter, then you turn on power to the stalls.

but I would say it would be reasonable to expect this to be up and running within 30 days now.
The meter is owned by the utility. Generally, the meter itself is the switch to connect the utility to the customer equipment.

Reactions: sjdicristo