Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dothan, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no way Dothan is getting two at least for now. The initial pins that get placed on the map are just placeholders and don't indicate exact locations. Saw the same thing when Montgomery and St Pete both finally got their superchargers.
There are 2 pins which means 2 locations. The Tesla leaked list listed two sites.

1667615992987.png

Unlikely.

Tesla leaves pins on the map all the time that are N/A. There is only one pin now also.
Here is a link to the complete leaked list in case you missed it.

1667658769162.png

Reactions: Jeremy3292
No, there are two. When you click it, there is still a grey circle behind the red pin, which means another site. Not to mention the leaked list had two locations. One with a street and number, one just with a street.

Not to mention Dothan has supposed to have gotten a supercharger for 5+ years.

It seems like City of Dothan has been supportive of installing superchargers and there are plenty of good locations. I think the only thing stopping the installation has been finding the “best” location. Dothan’s layout, unfortunately, doesn’t have one good spot. The two best spots are the NW and SE corners of the circle. That’s because almost any Tesla traffic going through Dothan will pass one of these two spots traveling on one side of the circle. I’m hoping there will be two modest installations of 6-8 stalls in these corners.

Not to mention Dothan has supposed to have gotten a supercharger for 5+ years.

It seems like City of Dothan has been supportive of installing superchargers and there are plenty of good locations. I think the only thing stopping the installation has been finding the “best” location. Dothan’s layout, unfortunately, doesn’t have one good spot. The two best spots are the NW and SE corners of the circle. That’s because almost any Tesla traffic going through Dothan will pass one of these two spots traveling on one side of the circle. I’m hoping there will be two modest installations of 6-8 stalls in these corners.
1151 Ross Clark Cir is SE and any address on Montgomery highway is NW of the 231/431 merge which makes it NW. Having an actual street address means Tesla has an agreement in place with that landowner. Having only a street likely means they have a location or two picked out but haven’t entered into an agreement at this time.

You don’t have to hope for NW amd SE sites, that’s where they will be.

In the Atlanta owner's group on Facebook, someone knew a local owner and commanded him to go check it out for us. I believe this photo is from just now, Saturday evening. Obviously this is one of those pre-fab sites. So clearly this can be marked as under construction now :) attn @Big Earl

The owner also commented "Permit inspection looks like Dec. 2 for what it’s worth".

Attachments

• 316017625_5962140560476574_4075728696979179442_n.jpg
    316017625_5962140560476574_4075728696979179442_n.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
In the Atlanta owner's group on Facebook, someone knew a local owner and commanded him to go check it out for us. I believe this photo is from just now, Saturday evening. Obviously this is one of those pre-fab sites. So clearly this can be marked as under construction now :) attn @Big Earl

The owner also commented "Permit inspection looks like Dec. 2 for what it’s worth".

Awesome. Marked under construction with 12 stalls.

While the pictures seem to show great progress, the dig ticket filed 11/14 was for work to start 11/17. So you’re saying from Thursday to Saturday, they did all the digging and had the prefab units delivered and placed? Either the work started ahead of the dig ticket or they worked non stop for 3 days.

While the pictures seem to show great progress, the dig ticket filed 11/14 was for work to start 11/17. So you’re saying from Thursday to Saturday, they did all the digging and had the prefab units delivered and placed? Either the work started ahead of the dig ticket or they worked non stop for 3 days.

Tough to say, but some of the installations have been going in very quickly recently.

I think this much progress was absolutely doable in the period from Thursday morning to Saturday evening. The prefab installs have been going in too quick for me to see for myself how the conduit works, but I expect that they place the prefab units first and then install the conduit from the transformer. So all they would have needed to do was a little digging / grading to prep the surface for the concrete slabs. Do that on Day 1, deliver prefabs on Day 2, rest on Day 3 :)

F641ED1A-5DF6-4A7E-BDBA-FC7959FB9525.jpeg

Tesla Superchargers in Dothan look almost done on November 20, 2022. At the Winn Dixie - 1151 Ross Clark Circle Dothan AL. It’s about half way (100 miles) between Columbus and Panama City Beach superchargers.

Reactions: Big Earl
When the leaked list had Dothan listed, I looked up the location. Initially, I was disappointed since it is on the opposite side of town of most of the growth and on the opposite side of where my parents and grandparents live. However, looking at how superchargers are used, it is a decent location for most north/south traffic to the beach - at least those coming down US 431 from Atlanta to the PCB area (most would take the east Circle to avoid the most traffic). However, it is still somewhat out of the way for those coming from Montgomery (US 231). I would have preferred the Southside Walmart area - to capture all north/south traffic. It is nice to have a supercharger in Dothan regardless, although it would be unlikely I will ever use it since my parents have a 14-50 outlet that I use while visiting.

Dothan, AL

Host Type: Grocery Store
Host: Winn-Dixie
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-84, US-231, US-431
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

To: Valdosta, GA - 133.7 miles
Diversion: 0.6 miles
To: End (I-95 southeast of Midway, GA) - 278.6 miles

US-231

To: Montgomery, AL - 109.2 miles
Diversion: 6.7 miles
To: Huntsville, AL - 307.1 miles

US-431

To: Oxford, AL (v2) - 212.4 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Huntsville, AL - 324.2 miles

Building the route down from Atlanta to Florida coast. On 3 US Numbered Highways.

Tesla Superchargers in Dothan look almost done on November 20, 2022. At the Winn Dixie - 1151 Ross Clark Circle Dothan AL. It’s about half way (100 miles) between Columbus and Panama City Beach superchargers.

This is a pre-fab site, so that's not "almost done", it's "just started" :) But it's a much shorter timeline for these.

When visiting this site, please look for the utility transformer (big green or grey cube), and if you don't mind getting out of the car for two minutes, walk around and peer through the fence to see if any conduit has been laid from the transformer pad to the pre-fab Tesla slabs.

Reactions: RTPEV
When the leaked list had Dothan listed, I looked up the location. Initially, I was disappointed since it is on the opposite side of town of most of the growth and on the opposite side of where my parents and grandparents live. However, looking at how superchargers are used, it is a decent location for most north/south traffic to the beach - at least those coming down US 431 from Atlanta to the PCB area (most would take the east Circle to avoid the most traffic). However, it is still somewhat out of the way for those coming from Montgomery (US 231). I would have preferred the Southside Walmart area - to capture all north/south traffic. It is nice to have a supercharger in Dothan regardless, although it would be unlikely I will ever use it since my parents have a 14-50 outlet that I use while visiting.
I lived in Dothan for several years, and honestly this isn't that bad. It's on the side of the circle with considerably less beach traffic during peak times. It might be a little more annoying during normal travel, but it's probably not more than three or four extra minutes.

It's also nice for people going east on highway 84 towards Georgia.

Reactions: 3Volts2aTes