Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, CA - Amador Plaza (LIVE, 14 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm at the Dublin supercharger right now and there's a 7 car wait. I just plugged in after 40 minutes of waiting. There are multiple vehicles that are parked here and haven't moved since I've arrived. Also, the charging rate is very slow. I am charging at 40kW and it's indicating I need to charge for 1.5 hours to reach Harris ranch on my drive to Los Angeles.

I wanted to reroute to the Fremont supercharger but it's indicating that there is a reduced rate there. Not sure what's happening.
You of course know that the Gustine SC is now operating, so getting all the way to Harris not an issue.

Reactions: Ulmo
Can anyone take a pic of the service-only supercharger stalls? I'm curious what they look like.

not sure if the same as dublin, but this is the dedicated SC for the fremont service center

Attachments

• 20161222_173256.jpg
    20161222_173256.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 205
  • Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
Stopped by Dublin on my way back to SF from Yosemite, as we charged to 90% the night before at the Ahwanee (yes, I'm still calling it that) and we're able to skip the Groveland and Manteca superchargers.

The stalls were all taken, and two cars in front of me waiting to charge. The front car was a lady in her S but her supposed husband was parked next to her in a Cayenne turbo S, most likely waiting for her to plug in so they can drive off together. They must not have heard of the $0.40/min surcharge for parking at a stall after charging is done..

It took another 15 min for the next stall to open. When I finally plug in, there were 4 cars in line to charge. Now I know to avoid this place in the future!

IMG_1556.JPG

Are those cars in the foreground waiting? In the times I have been there you just parked against the fence. Of course that meant that you had to keep track of who was next because the order got mixed up quickly.

If these cars are waiting then they are blocking the North entrance, but I guess you know who is next in the queue.:)

Yep, all waiting to charge. I was also queuing up in the same spot earlier.
That was my first time there, so I just followed suit and waited behind the two cars that were there before me.

I thought it was strange at first, which is why I went to the car in front of the line and asked the lady I mentioned earlier if she was waiting to charge.
That's when I understood what the deal with the Cayenne was and realized it was likely her husband waiting for her to plug in so they could leave their car there..

Been at Dublin twice in the last 24 hours, both midday around this time. All stalls full with 2-4 cars waiting at any given time.

This lovely visitor from the North has been parked in 1A for at least 24 hours. When is that idle fee kicking in again?

Attachments

• IMG_6544.JPG
    IMG_6544.JPG
    440.3 KB · Views: 148
Been at Dublin twice in the last 24 hours, both midday around this time. All stalls full with 2-4 cars waiting at any given time.

This lovely visitor from the North has been parked in 1A for at least 24 hours. When is that idle fee kicking in again?
Not sure about the idle fee. Some are reporting getting the message on the app. I've never seen that notification.

Note that 1A and 1B don't have a one hour limit. The car is probably there for service.

Today, I saw a construction crew with a backhoe at Dublin SC. With some little friendly discussion with the foreman it seems they're prepping for 4 new SC stalls going in just adjacent to the now existing 2 back in stalls; will bring total up to 10 + 4 = 14 SC.
This should bring relief to a much utilized venue. :)

Interesting---when they did the work about 6 months ago to add the single Supercharger at the service area, I was told by the Service Manager that the PG&E infrastructure on site was maxed out and that they could not add more Superchargers. Would be great if I am wrong...

Interesting---when they did the work about 6 months ago to add the single Supercharger at the service area, I was told by the Service Manager that the PG&E infrastructure on site was maxed out and that they could not add more Superchargers. Would be great if I am wrong...

It's certainly possible PG&E has upgraded it's delivery infrastructure since then, FWIW... :)

Jeff

Or it's possible that all the Superchargers will be operating at a reduced rate.
I think it is highly unlikely that Tesla would deliberately reduce the max charging rate at a site in exchange for adding more charging spots.

Tesla has either persuaded the local utility to increase the power available to the location or the utility did some local infrastructure improvement for other reasons and Tesla is taking advantage of it. Either way, it's good for us!