Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Edmonds, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

An 8-stall Supercharger is coming soon to the Edmonds Safeway, located at 23632 Hwy 99. The permit was filed in June and has been ready to issue since the end of October.

Edmonds.jpg

While I am grateful that they are putting in Superchargers in the area- that parking lot is always full and this will be a painful place to charge - Luckily for us, we can charge at our home so we'll likely not use this one. Wonder why they picked this particular location? I would have thought they would have considered a larger parking lot that this.

MarcoRP- looks like this may have fallen through, The referenced permit above is now "withdrawn" according to it's status. I did see that there is another permit ready to issue for chargers in this location, but the word Tesla isn't included, so it could be any network. Not sure if you want to update supercharge.info .. but it might be that this one is dead for now.

I don't believe Marco is on this site any more, I think you would need to tweet him.

I also am not sure who manages Supercharge.info

MarcoRP- looks like this may have fallen through, The referenced permit above is now "withdrawn" according to it's status. I did see that there is another permit ready to issue for chargers in this location, but the word Tesla isn't included, so it could be any network. Not sure if you want to update supercharge.info .. but it might be that this one is dead for now.

@Big Earl @tes-s

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to have a link to the new/other permit?

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to have a link to the new/other permit?
Sorry- didn't see this request till just now-

Here's the link to the alternate permit "ready to issue"

Within the body of the permit it says:

"AURORA MARKETPLACE-EV CHARGING STATIONS
Installation of 6 electric vehicle charging stations in an existing retail parking lot, including new service from utility"

So no reference to Tesla on this new permit I suspect these are no longer Tesla Superchargers.

The applicant is Sarah Pomeroy of Blymyer Engineers. Here is a screenshot of their EVSE installation page. Yes they do other brands (they are currently doing a 3 EVSE site at a Target in Texas (Pflugerville?) so that doesn’t scream Tesla (the $300k valuation is crazy high for 3 stalls). Maybe they reduced the stalls and removed aTesla from application but it is still them. Will see if there is any movement in the new permit.
1659971664068.png

Late to the party on this but like @MyJoule said this particular lot is not a great location, the parking lot is a constant cesspool of activity. I charge at home so I wouldn't use it anyways (live a couple of miles away). There is a little ChargePoint station a couple of blocks south with two chargers currently.

Either way would be nice to see additional infrastructure added to the area even if it's not Tesla.

So, I just checked the permit on the link above, and it's listed as "withdrawn." It's been a year now, is that to be expected or a sign of trouble with this location?
There is another permit that is ready to issue but it lists 6 chargers and doesn't mention Tesla. Maybe there isn't enough power for 8 V3. Fees seem comparable in terms of value of construction.

$3500 total vs $3200 total. With inflation and all, seems about right but we won't know until the permit is issued and construction starts. And there isn't a pin on the map anymore so it adds up to we don't know.

Reactions: Metalhead47
Anyone done some recent permit sleuthing here? Drove past today and there's been some construction activity, looks like pads for electrical gear, but nothing obvious in the actual parking area I could see.

select Edmonds for jurisdiction and have fun.

Nothing has been issued for the other ev charging permit. And there’s no grey pin on the Tesla map so this thread is essentially worthless for now. No permits and no dot.

Reactions: BobbyTables