Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Eloy, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Circle K. You can see it and some of the stalls in the background of the CB Radio Store pic.

There's also a Carls Jr. within reasonable walking distance.
Well, now that Tesla “built it”, a bunch of other development “will come”. (It looks like there is a bunch of open space there, maybe a big box store will come in, or a hotel, or another restaurant…)
Plus, there is a McDonalds right next to the Carls Jr, and another truck stop there, so really not a terrible location, though it looks like a better sidewalk is needed.)
And, I agree, having Casa Grande nearby is a great backup for the inevitable weird power outage, etc. that we have been seeing occasionally with new V3 sites.

I think three locations at Globe/Show Low or Pinetop/Greer or Springerville would open up eastern arizona to EVs. I'd say do all three or don't do any.
I would prioritize Springerville over Show Low or Pinetop as it would make a good splitter between Payson and Socorro. After Springerville, then either Show Low or Pinetop would further open up the area to easier EV travel. Globe would help provide an alternate route from the Phoenix area to the White Mountains.

Area photos for some perspective.

Attachments

• IMG_3285.jpeg
    IMG_3285.jpeg
    796.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3286.jpeg
    IMG_3286.jpeg
    906.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3287.jpeg
    IMG_3287.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3288.jpeg
    IMG_3288.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3289.jpeg
    IMG_3289.jpeg
    318.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3290.jpeg
    IMG_3290.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3291.jpeg
    IMG_3291.jpeg
    929 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3292.jpeg
    IMG_3292.jpeg
    965.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3293.jpeg
    IMG_3293.jpeg
    977.5 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: Big Ike
Used this charging site for the first time last weekend, while towing a loaded car dolly from Phoenix to Tucson with my 2017 Model X 100D.

On the flat straight I-10, with a tow dolly with a small pickup on it, in moderate weather, even keeping it to ~55mph, the range was cut in approximately half while towing. I had not anticipated such a great reduction in range, although I must say the handling was absolutely stunning compared to all prior towing experiences with other vehicles over the years! :) Despite leaving Phoenix that morning with a 100% charge (270-mi range at this point), I was contemplating stopping at the usual Casa Grande charger, even though that would mean unhitching the trailer, then charging, then rehitching the trailer to continue on my way to Tucson. Fortunately, the map showed this newly-opened Eloy charger, which thanks to the commentary / pictures in this thread I could see hopefully working.

Sure enough, the first care was in the 7th stall, so I was able to just pull alongside the first charger, plug in sideways, charge, and then pull forward when I was ready to leave without needing to unhitch / rehitch. The parking lot really is massive, so as long as you can find enough chargers not in use in a row (should be with 28 available) then you'll be fine charging here. Circle K had good snacks / drinks, functioning restrooms, and very friendly cashiers. Highly recommended for the Phoenix-to-Tucson segment of your trip.