Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Eloy, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can tell that anyone questioning Globe does not live in Tucson. It is the fastest way to the rim area from here. Likewise it is the fastest way to I-40 east and Colorado.
Yes, it is often preferable for many heading to the rim from the SE valley. I had to use the globe route from Gilbert/Mesa area on a trip to Colorado one summer when the beeline was closed due to a fire. It was a bit of an anxious drive from SE Gilbert to Holbrook with a newer car. It was a little over 200 miles and would be even tougher now. Globe and/or Show Low would have removed all worry.

A lot of weekend trips for people heading to/from the rim too. I've seen quite a few teslas up in Show Low on weekend trips and using destination chargers in the area. Pretty confident a supercharger in Globe and Show Low area would get solid usage.

Yeah I’m not from there and phx is the only city I go to if I drive. May I ask what the “rim” is?
The Mogollon Rim...roughly 200 miles of rim country from maybe I-17 to the New Mexico border. It's the mountains where Phoenicians go in the summer to escape the heat. Cities along the rim include Payson, Sedona, Show Low, Pinetop-Lakeside. Roughly 5000 ft elevation and where it turns from Juniper to Ponderosa.

Reactions: JamesEarl15
The Mogollon Rim...roughly 200 miles of rim country from maybe I-17 to the New Mexico border. It's the mountains where Phoenicians go in the summer to escape the heat. Cities along the rim include Payson, Sedona, Show Low, Pinetop-Lakeside. Roughly 5000 ft elevation and where it turns from Juniper to Ponderosa.
Gotcha, I got through Payson every time I go to PHX. And yes its way cooler up in that area

Reactions: Cyberjr