Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ely, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Top off in Alamo at the chademo/CCS there and you’ll make it no prob
There's only 1 station reported as working there in Alamo. That's a bit iffy unless you're open to an adventure. There are a couple of CHAdeMO options if you detour to Panaca as a backup and in a real pinch there are some NEMA 14-50 options around so it can be done.

That’s the address to a Ridley’s, I called and there’s no active construction in the parking lot. I’m letting everyone know so that we don’t overwhelm the establishment.

Is there a permit on file ?

You are better off contacting the city of Ely or the County of White Pine to ask about permits and construction (they do not have an online portal). The deal is with the property owner, not the business.

My personal opinion is that this is the biggest gap in the western US. It is not possible to drive either NS on 93 (I've done Vegas - Sun Valley twice) or EW on 50 (SLC to Mammoth via Great Basin NP) until Tesla puts a supercharger in Ely. I just saw the crowdsource Tesla poll yesterday and Ely was not on it, so after choosing 5 on their list of 183 choices, Ely was my write-in option.

Why is Ely not listed on supercharge.info? Is the permit confirmed?

Reactions: shadowmyst87
My personal opinion is that this is the biggest gap in the western US. It is not possible to drive either NS on 93 (I've done Vegas - Sun Valley twice) or EW on 50 (SLC to Mammoth via Great Basin NP) until Tesla puts a supercharger in Ely. I just saw the crowdsource Tesla poll yesterday and Ely was not on it, so after choosing 5 on their list of 183 choices, Ely was my write-in option.

There is no online permitting for Ely, NV. You have to contact their building department or the county building department directly. All we have is a grey Q4 2022 pin on the Tesla map.

Contact info towards the bottom here Building Department and Building Codes City of Ely - City of Ely, Nevada

Reactions: Big Earl
My personal opinion is that this is the biggest gap in the western US.
This section of NV/UT is incredibly sparse for all DC charging. It’s 256 miles from the ChargePoint in Panaca on US 93 in SE NV up to the Wells Supercharger on I-80. EA and Tesla are nowhere here.

Great question. Who knows how to contact supercharge.info?

Reactions: IdaX
This section of NV/UT is incredibly sparse for all DC charging. It’s 256 miles from the ChargePoint in Panaca on US 93 in SE NV up to the Wells Supercharger on I-80. EA and Tesla are nowhere here.

Great question. Who knows how to contact supercharge.info?

As far as I know, the site is not confirmed. There is not even a target quarter anymore.

To contact mods there, you can just tag these guys:

@corywright
@Chuq

• Helpful
Reactions: corywright
Also it seems the permit system in Ely is paper-based. Anyway there doesn't seem to be a publicly accessible search interface. It'll probably take someone driving by seeing the site to get an update.
Or emailing/calling the building department. Seeing if they are still proceeding with that site. The lack of a quarter on the map pin usually means a site agreement is not in place. Or there is a problem with the site like not enough power or something.

Reactions: Johnny Vector
I contacted the grocery store manager and he said construction hasn't started nor does he know when it will.
Sorry, I haven’t been on this thread for a while. They haven’t started on construction yet because for some reason they have to wait for the coffee shop to get past a certain point before they can begin. Maybe they don’t want the Tesla workers getting in the way. That’s the word from Mark Ridley. I’m sure that manager isn’t kept in the loop at all, he has no reason to be.

1681959139692.png

Reactions: RobertSeattle