Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ely, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This supercharger really needs to come online, in addition to one in Crystal Springs. It's impossible to go throug southern Nevada without taking huge detours today. This has got to be one of the largest remaining SC gaps in the USA
Now come on, let's not get too dramatic. We drove from SoCal to Great Basin National Park, saw the Bristol Cone Pines, etc, back in 2018 in our Model 3 LR.

Reactions: RSpanner
  • Informative
Reactions: evermore and KJD
It is so bad it is basically an advertisement for ICE :(l
Neither your EV or your ICE will get you to Fiji or the moon either.
Luckily, the 99.999% of the population who will never drive to Ely, NV can still use an EV. And as I pointed out previously, I have done it but a DCFC there would be nice.
while few people may go to places like Ely, there is value for Tesla being able to say you can drive their EV’s anywhere in the lower 48. Oops, I forgot Tesla doesn’t advertise (although that is gradually changing)

Reactions: tyler601717
hi all, yes I just joined, but been lurking. Now that Tesla is opening superchargers to Rivian I am checking on superchargers a lot. This ELY charger would be amazing. A few weeks ago I did call the town of Ely planner and she stated they were waiting on the submittal of who the contractor will be. This jives with what I read here. Hopefully they get one picked and moving forward again. I like to travel in my Rivian around Nevada so more superchargers are very welcomed. I really hope more of them in Nevada get upgraded like Tonopah and Hawthorne. Tonopah/Luning ccs 50kwh is just too slow.

hi all, yes I just joined, but been lurking. Now that Tesla is opening superchargers to Rivian I am checking on superchargers a lot. This ELY charger would be amazing. A few weeks ago I did call the town of Ely planner and she stated they were waiting on the submittal of who the contractor will be. This jives with what I read here. Hopefully they get one picked and moving forward again. I like to travel in my Rivian around Nevada so more superchargers are very welcomed. I really hope more of them in Nevada get upgraded like Tonopah and Hawthorne. Tonopah/Luning ccs 50kwh is just too slow.
It'll be great having Rivian folks helping to support the Supercharger network. When all drivers team up for one network, we'll all be the winners.
Thanks for checking on it and reporting. Please keep us posted if you hear more about this Ely site or anything else along hwy 50.

It'll be great having Rivian folks helping to support the Supercharger network. When all drivers team up for one network, we'll all be the winners.
Thanks for checking on it and reporting. Please keep us posted if you hear more about this Ely site or anything else along hwy 50.
With this being the only Supercharger in the area, Tesla may keep this Tesla only. Will have to wait and see once it is finally built.

From the complaints here, it sounds like it will be full of Teslas who have been waiting to make the cross state trip.

(Raises hand. :D) Been wanting to visit the Northern Nevada Railroad Museum for a while. This will give me an excuse to go there. Though I've already done US 50 through there in my Model 3 "the hard way". (14-50s)

From the complaints here, it sounds like it will be full of Teslas who have been waiting to make the cross state trip.
Well it has been a few years, but I think I am ready for another drive on the Loneliest Road in America. Great Basin NP is a great place to visit and my wife and did that in our very first Tesla.

The Loneliest Road in America