Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ely, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too bad was hoping to take my Model 3 to Death Valley this winter instead of my Jeep.
Other than the fact that Death Valley is closed due to getting washed out from the hurricane (I never thought I'd be saying that :): That shouldn't be too tough. You can go either I-15 or down to I-80, then down on US-95. Plenty of good Superchargers. Should be easy in a Model 3 SR.

• Informative
Reactions: tyler601717
I might have to. That 272 range number is not at highway speeds
Long range is 333 at a full charge... Its about 60 miles more on paper but with higher speed driving that will be only about 30 miles or so more... plus it takes forever to full charge and isnt great for the battery like the LFP battery on the RWD Model 3...

I think you can make any trip through Nevada right now in any way even using a Nema 14-50 and CCS.... if you have that you sdhould be good to go through anyplace!

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: tyler601717 and KJD
What happened. I don’t think this opened. It’s so needed.
Is it showing in the app? It will be there within hours of it being turned on and provisioned by Tesla. If you are unfamiliar with this process, open the Tesla app, click location then zoom out and scroll the view to this location. There will be a red circle with the number of free stalls if it is online. No need to check here and post daily asking about the status.

Is it showing in the app? It will be there within hours of it being turned on and provisioned by Tesla. If you are unfamiliar with this process, open the Tesla app, click location then zoom out and scroll the view to this location. There will be a red circle with the number of free stalls if it is online. No need to check here and post daily asking about the status.
Sorry. Didn’t mean to offend.

It's the last day of Q3.... and no Ely yet huh?
The TMC map does not show that construction has even started and once started, usually takes at least 3 months to come online depending on the Utility. I am hoping once the CT is out, and other US oem’s start using nacs, Tesla will give more priority to remote areas like Ely. Currently, almost all SC construction is in Metro areas presumably for people without overnight charging.

Sorry. Didn’t mean to offend.
Wasn’t offended and wasn’t trying to offend you. Just pointing out an easy way to check for status without posting to ask. As was also mentioned, the thread title doesn’t reflect “under construction” or anything of the sort. there is not even a permit found, dig ticket filed or any other status. And if you had read through the thread, you would see that there isn’t any mention of construction or pictures.

Wasn’t offended and wasn’t trying to offend you. Just pointing out an easy way to check for status without posting to ask. As was also mentioned, the thread title doesn’t reflect “under construction” or anything of the sort. there is not even a permit found, dig ticket filed or any other status. And if you had read through the thread, you would see that there isn’t any mention of construction or pictures.
That’s just odd because they have it listed as Q3… they usually don’t estimate a quarter unti, they have all that.

That’s just odd because they have it listed as Q3… they usually don’t estimate a quarter unti, they have all that.
Very true but it does happen. There are some examples of sites with quarters listed that haven’t started/finished construction by the quarter indicated. Also, with tsla infrastructure in Ely, there aren’t many driving through to report on any construction if there is any. I followed up with the building official asking about whether a permit has been issued or construction has started.

Very true but it does happen. There are some examples of sites with quarters listed that haven’t started/finished construction by the quarter indicated. Also, with tsla infrastructure in Ely, there aren’t many driving through to report on any construction if there is any. I followed up with the building official asking about whether a permit has been issued or construction has started.
There seems to be no CCS or NACS infrastructure in Ely that works...

Once the supercharger is up and running I suggest we all drive there and have a little picnic party to celebrate! But it probably won't be this year.... what do you think?