Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Emeryville, CA - Powell Street Plaza (LIVE 28 Mar 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BD03A944-DBAF-4920-9EC8-895522C6BC3D_1_105_c.jpeg

Yes it is, but it's still not official as 4 stations are not powered and have been taped off and it still is not in the Tesla Nav display

Excellent. I would not at all be surprised if they were just waiting to bring the Berkeley and El Cerrito superchargers (which seem to be nearly complete as well) online all at once. "Surprise -- here's a bunch of new superchargers in the Bay Area. - Love, Tesla" for a bit more oomph than bringing them on one at a time.

I'm sure the pandemic has also slowed progress from a sheer availability of labor standpoint as well, but that's true of practically everything :/

This has been added to the Tesla "find us" map, and interestingly enough it has been added as a new pin labelled "Emeryville CA, Powell Street Plaza". There is still a generic grey pin "Emeryville, CA" which suggests there might be a second location planned?

upload_2020-4-2_16-0-20.png

Excellent. I would not at all be surprised if they were just waiting to bring the Berkeley and El Cerrito superchargers ... online all at once.
I was just at Berkeley and they have no transformer. My friend Pedram who started that thread told me El Cerrito was also not as ready as all that. Oakland at least has a transformer, though the finishing construction is much behind the other two, still fenced, still open trenches.

I was just at Berkeley and they have no transformer. My friend Pedram who started that thread told me El Cerrito was also not as ready as all that. Oakland at least has a transformer, though the finishing construction is much behind the other two, still fenced, still open trenches.
Yep. My comment was basically obselete as soon as Chuq posted it was active on the official Tesla map

Decided to stop by the Emeryville Superchargers earlier today to top off and well was the only one charging up until I about finished.

There were no roped off chargers but I'm hazarding a guess that the 4 roped off previously still isn't working. The black Model 3 that stopped by right a minute before I finished (Hi if you're on this forum btw), asked me if the chargers were opened and I said yes and she parked near the freeway end and plugged in. By the time I exited the parking lot passing the chargers, it seemed she moved closer to where I was charging previously.

Nonetheless, it's a wonderful addition. Eagerly waiting for the one at El Cerrito Plaza and the one at the Pacific East Mall to open.

Cheers!

IMG_20200402_170349.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Yes, very likely. I commented about the likelihood of a second Emeryville supercharger in July of last year with some info supporting it directly from the Emeryville building dept

I forgot about that, though the supercharge.info historical data lines up with that ... co-ords were changed a couple of times early on! Obviously it was thought the new location was instead of the old one! I’m on mobile device so can’t check at the moment..

(Left column is old value, right column is new value)

F0ADF4B9-8B42-4ADE-BAAA-C27AF8F70768.jpeg

And for those that didn't notice, this charger is now in Tesla Nav display, so between that and the FindUs web page it's officially open

It seems far from the Alameda charger (next to my house) but shows as the next closest. It says 6.2 miles, but I guess that's as the crow flys. I thought the Hayward one was closer, or faster to get to, but perhaps not. Oakland will open soon and then that will be my closest alternative.

Last edited: