Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Erie, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on the phone with California Tesla Technical Service and having a conversation about the closest Service Center. I mentioned going to Columbus ( from upstate NY) was not practical due to the Buffalo SC not being open. He mentioned that the Erie SC is still in the finding a location stage.

I also do the Maryland / DC to Northeast Ohio / Erie trip and the Erie SC would be *super* useful to me.

I'm lucky I can charge at my hotel when I come up here... use an L6-30R plug on a utility pole to Tesla NEMA 10-30 (using an adapter from NEMA 14-50R to L6-30P Twist-Lock Adapter w/ the 10-30 option). The adapter is working great.. just have to be cautious in case it rains.. have plastic bag & tape for that if needed.

An Erie SC would make everything faster and easier for sure.

My Cleveland to Boston route is now possible in the summer with the addition of the Buffalo SpC. But without help in Erie PA, I have to grab something along the way at a destination charger.

Any word on progress for Erie?

I'm hoping to get my 70d before I take my yearly trip to Stowe Vt over Labor Day week. An Erie Supercharger would make things tons easier - otherwise I need to stop at the Jerky outlet in Geneva OH where there is a free destination charger to top off a few miles to make the additional 160 mi to Buffalo.

im hoping for an Erie charger in 2016. Please, tesla, if you're listening?!?!

I note that the SC for Columbia, MO had now been permitted. That was the other, "Long" stretch on our trek to Pasadena from Buffalo. Was hoping to see more evidence of progress for Erie since it will be of greater significance to me in the future. What is it with PA?

I was recently told by a fairly senior Tesla employee who had just met with the head of the Supercharger team that Pennsylvania is the next "area of focus" for Supercharger buildout. I hope we see the same progress that Upstate NY has seen, over the next few months. Plenty of 2015 dots that need some rapid work to be realized.

With the apparently total lack of progress on the Erie, PA SC I wonder if it wouldn't make more sense for Tesla to site a SC further west say around Ashtabula, OH. That way, a person could continue onto Toledo without taking that silly detour down the 271 to charge at Macedonia. The distance from Buffalo also seems more in line with getting a more optimal distance before recharging. Just saying.

Point taken. I wouldn't want to try for Cranberry in the winter from Buffalo in my 85 either. My focus tends to be on the Beachwood, OH. I can appreciate that a Supercharger in Erie would have a more significant role for the network at large. Would still like to see evidence of some progress.

Agree completely. Still baffles me that nothing is scheduled for Erie at this point, and unless permitting happens soon, looks like another winter without being able to reach Cranberry from Rochester, even with Buffalo. I am sure that there's a lot going on behind the scenes, or at least I hope so, but Erie or somewhere near Erie needs to be a priority.

Agree completely. Still baffles me that nothing is scheduled for Erie at this point, and unless permitting happens soon, looks like another winter without being able to reach Cranberry from Rochester, even with Buffalo. I am sure that there's a lot going on behind the scenes, or at least I hope so, but Erie or somewhere near Erie needs to be a priority.
A SC is badly needed in North west PA.
It's almost like theirs 2 SC routes up there one from Canada to NYC or Mass. the other is mid West/ohio to PA to Maryland. You can't get from one track to the other it's almost as if it were done like this by design it's so perfectly out of reach.

I was hoping that when we visit my sister for Passover this spring there would be a SC in Erie so I don't feel the need to do a range charge. If not I will stop at the destination charger in Geneva OH to have a larger cushion when I pull into Beachwood. We can hope.

Disappointing that there is no progress on Erie. Perhaps Tesla is looking into a similar location near Erie, but Peach Street with all its attractions would be ideal. Restating the mantra -- Travel to Pittsburgh from western NY is a challenge without a supercharger somewhere near Erie. Like others, I have reached out to Tesla to remind them of the importance of an Erie supercharger, and was told they are "aware". Let's see some action, please?