Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fair Play, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why doesn't this site look like the original plan with pull thru charging stations? There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the orientation stalls are being installed lately.

I vastly prefer the way they've been installed vs the plan but why the lack of consistency?

View attachment 674090
I'm guessing the bollards needed would take too much space so they had to change it. Not sure why else they'd use this layout. It is still a little odd with them sideways at the back like that.

Why doesn't this site look like the original plan with pull thru charging stations? There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the orientation stalls are being installed lately.

I vastly prefer the way they've been installed vs the plan but why the lack of consistency?

View attachment 674090
Frankly, I'm glad they did not do them that way. Those pull in style Superchargers suck.

Can visitors here take pictures of the cabinet area? That is going to tell us more about progress than another photo of the row of bollards. Look for the utility transformer, usually a huge dark green cube, and the utility meter (round glass thing just like at your house). Once those are in, completion is imminent.

It’s gonna be a real nice / fast stop for anyone on I-85N. For anyone heading south the roads in are a little confusing.

Hopefully we start to see more of these collocated with gas stations - it’s nice to have facilities available.

81556CAE-2FB7-4B52-B66E-090298C839BD.jpeg

Interesting.... This site has a Chargepoint DCFC station colocated with it, offering SAE Combo and Chademo plugs and 62.5 kW of power. It just went online this morning. It's pretty rare for these to be colocated like this.

Interesting.... This site has a Chargepoint DCFC station colocated with it, offering SAE Combo and Chademo plugs and 62.5 kW of power. It just went online this morning. It's pretty rare for these to be colocated like this.

I've seen Chargepoint L2's colocated with superchargers (Newnan GA, for example) but never Chargepoint DCFC. On the other hand, I've seen EA DCFC stations colocated with superchargers in the midwest.