Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I'd posted this, guess not:
'14 S P85 - raw numbers from the car

Started with 100%: 266 mi rated
Canyon Lake to Junction: speed limit -10; 120 mi; used 41.8 kWh; 348 wh/mi; charged 12 minutes, +16 kWh
Junction to Ozona: 73 mph (in an 80 zone); 91.6 mi; used 31.4 kWh; 343 wh/mi; charged 86 minutes, +46 kWh
Ozona to Iraan: 51 mph (in a mostly-70(?) zone); 51.5 mi; used 13.7kWh; 266 wh/mi; charged 65 minutes to 100% (262 rated), +??
Iraan to Ft Davis: speed limit -15; 160 miles; 53 kWh used; 331 wh/mi (via Alpine)
margin at end of trip: 26%, 73 mi rated
total charging time: 163 minutes

Started with 100%: 264 mi rated
FD to Iraan: 72/80 mph; 165.3 miles; used 46.9 kWh; 284 wh/mi (tail wind, downhill, via Balmorhea); charged 30 min, +7 kWh
Iraan to Ozona: 77 mph; 51.2 mi; used 20.0 kWh; 391 wh/mi; charged 45 min, +??
Ozona to Junction: 81 mph; 91.8 mi; used 34.4 kWh; 375 wh/mi; charged 30 min, +33 kWh
Junction to Canyon Lake: speed limit; 120.2 miles; 39.4 kWh used; 328 wh/mi
margin at end of trip: 21%, 57 mi rated
total charging time: 105 minutes

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
And they haven't been caught doing anything. There's a lot of unfounded speculation that they are behind the delay, but that's all it is to this point - unfounded speculation.

To suggest that the permit for Fort Stockton, at 467 days and counting, has not been impacted by interests aligned with oil and dealership lobbyists is just not credible. Incredible, if you will.

They’ve been caught in Utah, Texas, New Mexico, Michigan, Arizona and that’s far from a complete list.

And the more local you go, the more viscous that decidedly un-American cesspool gets. It’s just not nearly as visible. And much more ironic.

Or maybe the permit office just decided to take a very long lunch. Or maybe Tesla forgot how to build SCs.

I don’t mind not spending money in Fort Stockton. But it’s shenanigans like this that make me want to load the fridge with food and sleep in the car in order to spend exactly $0.00 in the entire State of Texas - in both directions.

When there have been more SCs built lately in Mexico than in West Texas, that’s a problem.

In the end, *somebody* or *somebodies* have cost me and many others hours in transcontinental detours. The simplest answer is often the correct one, and until I see evidence to the contrary unlike what we’ve seen already locally (see permit delay) as well as nationally (see states referenced above), it’s Oil and NADA all day long.

And they, their lobbyists, and their legislators should be ashamed.

tmoz: There are 26 million Texans - we don't all spit on the White House lawn or shoot coyotes on our morning jog. Most of the time we get along just fine. After a little scuffle it's common for us to buy each other a beer and continue the discussion - as long as the firearms weren't actually fired.
It could just be the incompetence of small rural county government. We have a place out in rural S.E. Arizona (Cochise County) and we got a notice one day that our place was going up for sale if we didn't pay our taxes within the next 3 months. We asked why we hadn't received any notices that our taxes were late - they didn't know. We told them the checks (one for the land and one for the house) were sent and they should look harder, but we would send the payments once again. A week later, they said they found the original checks and would tear up the new checks we sent them. Just another example that makes me think robots are going to replace humans in many jobs.

• Informative
Reactions: TaoJones
IMG_6568.jpg
If the chargers get sorted out, this is what you can expect to see out here.

with the opening of the SC at Ramos Arizpe (amusingly, at a gas station replete with WiFi and everystuff - 194 miles south-southwest of McAllen, TX), it would appear that we are now 1, at most 2 SCs away from being able to drive from either Laredo or McAllen Texas directly to Acapulco via Mexico City.

Ramos Arizpe might be even better news than we think. Looks like the 3 LR can cross that gap today: EV Trip Planner

I guess it's a slow road: uphill, but just 173-Wh/mi projected. And that's the more-uphill direction. Of course I'd want to have a backup plan. Plugshare didn't show anything, but here's an RV park about midway with 50A service: RV Parky | RV Parks & Campgrounds Directory, Reviews, Photos

That could also be a top-off point for Teslas with less range, until there's another SC along the way.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones and WFrank
Oh........the irony!!
Just got home in my brand new S 100D.

and

Fort Stockton Supercharger is open.
Don't know how we missed it.
No more details.

Yet.
Awesome - I hope it means Pecos is not far behind. But Ft Stockton was more critical than Pecos (225 miles to Ozona vs 185 to Midland from Van Horn), so it is good that it completed before Pecos.
We can scrap all of the conspiracy theories now, but it would be interesting to know why it took so long.

What were you driving before the 100D ? AP1 hardware? Will be interesting to compare if you've now switched AP hardware.

Last edited: