Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To me it feels like a big deal. Having that gap really made that part of the drive that much less carefree. Be nice to see some pics. I feel like we should go out there hammer in a golden spike because the last larger gap the entire east=west route is now complete.

guys, I am totally confused now. Are you all just being sarcastic and making up stories about progress - dreaming - or is there really some progress?

If it is the former, let me join the party - I charged yesterday and I was the only one. Got $105 kW for the first 10 minutes and quickly tapered down to 90kW. Went from 10 miles to 200 in about 40 minutes and to 90% in one hour. Not bad.

• Funny
Reactions: nwdiver
Electroman and jdo: Two people shared slightly different info with me at different times yesterday. Sorry for the ambiguous posts.

Bottom line is: something is indeed happening in Fort Stockton, but we need pics to document what and where.

TaoJones: are you holding out on us?

Bottom line is: something is indeed happening in Fort Stockton, but we need pics to document what and where.

What's your source for this?

exactly where I got confused also, someone said something is happening but no one seems to know what or where the info came from. I've never seen a super charger installed without underground lines. This requires a request for utility markings, no requests have been made.

• Informative
Reactions: nwdiver
I would think Flying J would benefit more from a SC, than Best Western, with the thought being that a 30-40 min charge would entice the visitor to buy food from Flying J, as opposed to someone thinking, "Hey, I have to charge here for 40 mins. might as well spend the night and paint the town."

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Just in case the marks wear off or someone else buries something.

Texas Attorney General said:
An excavator that properly notifies a notification center of a planned excavation under section 251.151 of the Utilities Code no more than fourteen days nor no less than forty-eight hours before the excavation is expected to commence must notify the notification center again if the commencement is delayed beyond fourteen days of the original notice

You have 14 days from original notice to begin or you have to submit another request.

Electroman and jdo: Two people shared slightly different info with me at different times yesterday. Sorry for the ambiguous posts.

I drove through Fort Stockton early this AM, and checked out the Flying J, Love's, Stripes, and Walmart, as well as the motels along the south I-10 Service Road (Best Western, Hampton, Candlewood, and Fairfield).

Nothing to report. No SC activity seen.

As if this thread couldn't get any more frustrating, in the last few days it goes from "open" to "ready" to "Nothing to report. No SC activity seen."

I only looked at the travel centers and motels I listed. There are many other potential SC sites in Fort Stockton I didn't check (I've seen Superchargers built in/by public parks, shopping strips, museums, car washes, police stations, visitor centers, and restaurants of all types). I was traveling west at 4am yesterday, contending with headwinds and the elevation change of 1700 ft. from the 227 miles distance between the Ozona and the Van Horn Superchargers in my P85 that just turned 100,000 miles. I couldn't afford wasting range driving around Fort Stockton more than I did.

I want to acknowledge Ira Yates for his extraordinary generosity. He owns the 70 amp ClipperCreek charger in Iraan that he continues to make available for public use, 24/7, at no charge. I've used his charger multiple times when traveling west on I-10 through this part of Texas. THANKS IRA!

I want to acknowledge Ira Yates for his extraordinary generosity. He owns the 70 amp ClipperCreek charger in Iraan that he continues to make available for public use, 24/7, at no charge. I've used his charger multiple times when traveling west on I-10 through this part of Texas. THANKS IRA!

The Yates family has an interesting history in the energy sector:

Yates Oil Field - Wikipedia

Wish I was. Tesla’s SC group hasn’t yet deigned to grace my last email with a reply, boilerplate or otherwise.

The BWs that have had SCs have been great (e.g., Merritt, BC and Shasta, CA). That and some posts above made me think of the aerial view.

On the other hand, this is a golden opportunity for Buffett to enable more of his Flying J properties with SCs - especially since the Tesla semis are coming (and have been getting around lately with a dual connector. In time there may be dedicated SCs for those but in the short term, it’s an option.

Wish I was. Tesla’s SC group hasn’t yet deigned to grace my last email with a reply, boilerplate or otherwise.

The BWs that have had SCs have been great (e.g., Merritt, BC and Shasta, CA). That and some posts above made me think of the aerial view.

On the other hand, this is a golden opportunity for Buffett to enable more of his Flying J properties with SCs - especially since the Tesla semis are coming (and have been getting around lately with a dual connector. In time there may be dedicated SCs for those but in the short term, it’s an option.

Wasn’t the last communication from the tesla supercharger group that they were scouting for locations?