Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is going up crazy fast. I think they're trying to finish before somebody changes his mind. Or before the local authorities find out.
I bet these middle of nowhere destinations happen fast once construction starts.... can you imagine being stuck in pecos for the duration of construction if you live somewhere else?

Or, their hard fought for permit has an unusually short fuse on it....

Or, they want to finish it before the local dealers association finds out about it...

Or....the contractor is really hungry...

Or....?

Anyone know which utility's service area this is?

They are shooting for this Friday the 14th for completion of the Fort Stockton Supercharger. I got that from the manager of the Flying J Troy Sayre.
They will shoot and miss...

To quote my wife, "It might open on a Friday, but it won't be this Friday."

If all goes smoothly, I'd say another 3 weeks. I don't expect it to go smoothly. I think just getting Tesla to send a tech out to Ozona after it was finished took over a month.

Reactions: tmoz and kavyboy
Or, their hard fought for permit has an unusually short fuse on it....

Or, they want to finish it before the local dealers association finds out about it...

Or....the contractor is really hungry...

Or....?

Anyone know which utility's service area this is?

Three words that explain the speed of this contractor: "fixed cost project"

• Funny
Reactions: brkaus
They will shoot and miss...

To quote my wife, "It might open on a Friday, but it won't be this Friday."

If all goes smoothly, I'd say another 3 weeks. I don't expect it to go smoothly. I think just getting Tesla to send a tech out to Ozona after it was finished took over a month.

Well, I have to say that I have been nothing but impressed at how fast they have been working so far.

Well, I have to say that I have been nothing but impressed at how fast they have been working so far.
I am also impressed. Often the last 10% of a construction project takes as long as the first 90%, however.

After construction is done, the utility has to install the transformer. They will do that in their own sweet time. I have seen it take a day, and I've seen it take a month. Then Tesla has to commission it, which in this case involves flying a tech into San Antonio and them driving to FS.

On the bright side, maybe they can fix Ozona on the way!

Pretty sure his brother Kimbel lives in Boulder, so he knows...
As a previously long-time Texan who had a close friend in Colorado, maybe the fact that Kimbal is in Boulder is precisely why Elon's been told to keep the Texas-Colorado routes as dry as possible. They didn't much care for Texans.. at least not back then. ;)

Not to throw a wet towel on the excitement, but it looks like Oct 14th is closer to reality. Final approvals can easily take a week.
Debbie Downer here. There was an ugly site in Florida that was completely built except for the transformer and meter, which took several months to get turned on.

[Research ... research...]

Here it is...
Orlando
This one is not typical, but probably next to worst case (not counting Issaquah WA, which started construction, then everything backed out, time passes, then restarted).