Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No joy at the fort stockton supercharger today at 1pm. Talked to troy, he said they were waiting for the provider to come out and turn on power and that he's been getting lots of phone calls in the last couple of days.

Lots of bystanders came by to ask about the car- how fast and what is the range. In fact troy himself came out to check out the car. Here he is.

Attachments

• 1011181323b.jpg
    1011181323b.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 142
Golden Spike ceremony:
Couple of pics from the Hotel Limpia:

View attachment 342766

View attachment 342764

Will work on the Paisano Hotel in Marfa for more fun?

ps - Hotel Limpia's dead HPWC has damaged by lightning - new one on the way.

With an indoor pool. And simple HTML coding, lol, how quaint! http://hotelpaisano.com/ That is the fastest loading site I have visited in a long time!! The booking pages are all secured.

Hotel.com keeps wanting me to book at Hotel Saint George for only $266 and you have to walk a block to their swimming pool. And no charging, what are they thinking, lol!? Three months out does open a lot of possibilities.

Behind: yeah, whatever standards one may have had re hotels and such have to be um........paused..........when facilities in far west Texas, especially Marfa, are considered. El Cosmico, one of my faves, features refurbished '50s travel trailers (with outdoor bathtubs), yurts, teepees, and shared bathrooms with peekaboo doors and walls. You can't make this stuff up, really. I love it.

A study in contrasts: try staying here two nights Cibolo Creek Ranch | Marfa Texas Resort and here the next two: Chinati Hot Springs - Home
(need to do your homework before you go to either of these)

Downtown Marfa (how's that for an oxymoron?) was significantly changed, for better or worse, when the Hotel St. George was built.
Pretty much nuked the established hotel/bar/restaurant scene.

But I do like the bar food at the St. George, and the Marfa Book Company, just down the hall, is still a real treasure.

The Hotel Saint George is ok - but I prefer the old-time charm at the Paisano.

Anyway - plenty of opportunities for our Golden Spike rally.

Behind: yeah, whatever standards one may have had re hotels and such have to be um........paused..........when facilities in far west Texas, especially Marfa, are considered. El Cosmico, one of my faves, features refurbished '50s travel trailers (with outdoor bathtubs), yurts, teepees, and shared bathrooms with peekaboo doors and walls. You can't make this stuff up, really. I love it.

A study in contrasts: try staying here two nights Cibolo Creek Ranch | Marfa Texas Resort and here the next two: Chinati Hot Springs - Home

Downtown Marfa (how's that for an oxymoron?) was significantly changed, for better or worse, when the Hotel St. George was built.

But I do like the bar food at the St. George, and the Marfa Book Company, just down the hall, is still a real treasure.

Now who could possibly resist staying in a yurt one night and a teepee the next, with the opportunity to bring one's one little yellow ducky for an outdoor bath. Not to mention at the rest of those places. I feel like I'm there already.

Good stuff. This is going to be a fun mid-/late-winter soiree indeed.

Reactions: Behind

Not behind, just unique. And a bit refreshing.
I could see how a 4-story luxury hotel might disrupt things. I have not been to Marfa for over 50 years,so I really could not imagine the hotel.com deal of the day was a luxury hotel in the middle of Marfa actually.
The trailers and yurts sound like a fun experience as well. I was trying to book now, because usually I wait until the week before and it is all booked up. Trying to sell this trip to the spouse. He likes the idea of staying in an Airstream? Sounds like a fun trip no matter what.

FS and Pecos both up!

Break out the ice skates! How many days since that first permit was pulled? Kudos to the construction crew for getting both in expeditiously. And apparently to the Tesla rep who has evidently tarried no longer in numbering and activation.

The sooner we get a date and penultimate itinerary together for ye olde Golden Spike soiree and Merriment To Follow Directly Thereafter, the better - looks like a solid start already upthread. Socializing both with the Tesla owners clubs across the continent both before and after the holidays will help spread the word - I have an email address for that somewhere, plus will follow up with the clubs that have already PMd.

Fun, fun, fun.

• Funny
Reactions: callmesam
Junction SC, this morning about noon:

Pleasant and professional Tesla employee Mark Brazelton approached me and we started a very satisfying conversation.
Mark was pretty defensive about Tesla’s “no news leaks” policy - he’ll help us when he can but he can’t jeopardize his job - quite proper I think. Info below is from Mark:

Friday October 12, noon: power company activated Fort Stockton Supercharger

same day 1:00 pm: Mark performed his magic and wha-la! We are in business!

Saturday: Mark turned up Pecos. Somebody else will have to go check that one.

I skipped Ozona. There was a black Model S behind me at the Ozona exit. He or she probably thought I was crazy - or stupid.

Going inside FJ now to buy a small container of bubbly adult beverage.

Junction SC, this morning about noon:

Pleasant and professional Tesla employee Mark Brazelton approached me and we started a very satisfying conversation.
Mark was pretty defensive about Tesla’s “no news leaks” policy - he’ll help us when he can but he can’t jeopardize his job - quite proper I think. Info below is from Mark:

Friday October 12, noon: power company activated Fort Stockton Supercharger

same day 1:00 pm: Mark performed his magic and wha-la! We are in business!

missed it by that much.jpg

Please do share any tidbits you can. Any discussion about San Antonio?
Can he tell you who the Arizona rep is (or if there is such a person)?
As charliepmayer mentioned, Mark is very tight lipped about future installs...he did ask me(at NW Houston) if I have ever traveled the I10 route, to which I replied I will as soon as Ft Stockton is live. Then he gave me a smile. I did ask him about Richmond Tx during the same conversation and he gave me nothing.