Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Frederick, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see it in Google Maps, but that is not an indication of its active status, simply its presence.

The Charging section of the Tesla app does list list it, the supercharger site does not list it and the car does not have an icon for it on its version of Google Maps. I will check it today after 9:00 as we know no one will be doing any work until after that time.

If they are not active when I get there, I will simply call the number on the pedestals and see if I can get any info from Tesla.

I see it in Google Maps, but that is not an indication of its active status, simply its presence.

The Charging section of the Tesla app does list list it, the supercharger site does not list it and the car does not have an icon for it on its version of Google Maps. I will check it today after 9:00 as we know no one will be doing any work until after that time.

If they are not active when I get there, I will simply call the number on the pedestals and see if I can get any info from Tesla.

Tesla will tell you they’re working on it and that it will show up on your car’s navigation when it’s ready. As we’ve all consistently experienced, it shows up in the navigation about a week after the station goes live.

Last edited:
Saturday November 23rd 11:42 a.m.

This appears to me very different. Normally once the pedestals are labeled the site is up. These pedestals have been labeled for at least a week now. There is a lit meter so there shouldn't be a power issue unless there's an issue with the supplied voltage that was uncovered in testing last week.
Heck they don't even have the two newly installed parking lot lights live.

Strange.

I love how Supercharger installation is an exercise in waiting. Yesterday I had to charge in Gaithersburg. I was number 4 in a line of 5 cars. Being in a parking deck we had a line forming that backed up out through the entrance. Cars were backed up as far as I could see which was almost to the traffic circle. It's a shame that other car owners are inconvenienced by problems at the Superchargers. Imagine how it's going to be over the holidays if the Frederick charger isn't working.

Frederick county inspector made my electricians tear out and redo my generator installation because wiring was not greater than 110% of spec. This was a reputable company that complied but said the standards of the Frederick county inspector was like nothing that had seen and definitely over the top.

Hope those contractors did everything at 110% spec lol

Frederick county inspector made my electricians tear out and redo my generator installation because wiring was not greater than 110% of spec. This was a reputable company that complied but said the standards of the Frederick county inspector was like nothing that had seen and definitely over the top.

Hope those contractors did everything at 110% spec lol

I can tell stories, working with or against them for years.....!

She’s hot!
E1E5DC9C-7B7D-473C-BF4A-6372F5DB3E59.jpeg

Last edited: