Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gaithersburg, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on an earlier discussion with a foreman there, about now (early Nov) is the time he indicated it would come online. By the way, does anyone have the Montgomery county anti-icing number? I want to store this now - anticipating needing to use it once this comes online.

Considering this one has batteries it may take a while longer after powered on to get it to work properly and at full capacity.

The interesting thing is that the batteries are not Powerpacks, they appear to be different. The size of the battery compartments suggests that they contain perhaps individual modules from Model S/X batteries stacked up with the inverter/control modules mounted to the side and somewhat crudely connected.

2017-10-25 14.02.39.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CatB and Fiddler
Landscaping in and signs up. Six charging only and six 30 minute parking, as expected.

upload_2017-11-18_10-31-53.png

Handicap makings added, however they painted over the red line that used to run along all the spaces. :(

upload_2017-11-18_10-36-47.png

Also saw these. They were located over by the batteries. Did not see a "normal" meter. There was a small single box closer to the transformer but it did not have a circular cutout for a meter like I have seen elsewhere.

upload_2017-11-18_10-46-7.png

Last edited:
I've never seen Tesla charging stations with handicapped markings before, unless I just wasn't paying attention. I assume that means either/or?
That's a charging only space. Just noticed that the striped area (which I assume is to give the driver more room to open the door) is situated on the wrong side, considering the way these stalls are positioned. Maybe the handicap spot should be on the end space next to it (which is more normal anyway).

Last edited:
That's a charging only space. Just noticed that the striped area (which I assume is to give the driver more room to open the door) is situated on the wrong side, considering the way these stalls are positioned. Maybe the handicap spot should be on the end space next to it (which is more normal anyway).
Since most Wheelchair Van's use the right rear door, the striped area seams correct. The time is ripe for someone to modify a Model X for this type of Wheelchair Ramp function.
Wheelchair Van .png