Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gallup, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, don’t bother looking for a place to “go” around there. :(
Traveling west to east, simply hit the nice rest area shortly before the Gallup supercharger exit. For east to west, hit the Love’s across the freeway from the supercharger. Both are decent choices and only add a few minutes.
Hopefully the new Best Western will be friendly!
Watch out for rattlesnakes.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Wow, and they are open. That is 2 months ahead of the scheduled opening date in Oct. They must have downgraded it from a Best Western Plus to a Best Western Minus. Any intel on the bathroom situation? That's a 10 min timesaver on a road trip.....
They’re open? I would just walk in like you’re a guest and say nothing if they’re still being mamzere about the bathrooms.

Yup, I called the actual location and they said they just opened in the last day or so. I too would just walk in and politely say hi and use the bathroom. Didn't know if they were giving grief like they had occasionally done in the past, or completely locked it down similar to the hotel closest to the chargers in Yuma, AZ for example. Lady on the phone was friendly, so there's that....

I was at this location about a week ago and was surprised to find them open. They said they'd been open for 3 weeks so it's been about a month now. Somehow I missed this info in this thread, possibly due to the page break. It's too bad because I would have stayed there! As it was, I stayed in Holbrook which is a pretty brutal hotel stop (the new LaQuinta looks decent but it was $250/night lol). I was tired that night but I would have found a way to push on.

I did just walk in an use the restroom in Gallup without much issue. Then I had a brief convo with the front desk about the hotel. She said they were charging $94 that night and that was a typical rate, so it's nice to see their rates are reasonable too. I obviously can't speak to the quality of the rooms, but I would think they're decent considering they just re-branded and re-opened (although it was a brand downgrade).

I was at this location about a week ago and was surprised to find them open. They said they'd been open for 3 weeks so it's been about a month now. Somehow I missed this info in this thread, possibly due to the page break. It's too bad because I would have stayed there! As it was, I stayed in Holbrook which is a pretty brutal hotel stop (the new LaQuinta looks decent but it was $250/night lol). I was tired that night but I would have found a way to push on.

I did just walk in an use the restroom in Gallup without much issue. Then I had a brief convo with the front desk about the hotel. She said they were charging $94 that night and that was a typical rate, so it's nice to see their rates are reasonable too. I obviously can't speak to the quality of the rooms, but I would think they're decent considering they just re-branded and re-opened (although it was a brand downgrade).
But a real meal would still require downtown Gallup, right?
PS - just thinking out loud, not trying to make a point or anything.

Reactions: IdaX
So I just stopped in Gallup to charge on the way to Albequerque (sp)- Tesla routes you off of 40 just outside Gallup through the res, a significantly longer route back to 40. Not knowing what was up, I initially ignored their route as the mileage to Abq was less staying on 40. The map kept insisting I turn around, go back to Gallup for more charge, then start again. This time I followed the detour, which was unnecessary and cost me an hour. What’s this anout?!?.

So I just stopped in Gallup to charge on the way to Albequerque (sp)- Tesla routes you off of 40 just outside Gallup through the res, a significantly longer route back to 40. Not knowing what was up, I initially ignored their route as the mileage to Abq was less staying on 40. The map kept insisting I turn around, go back to Gallup for more charge, then start again. This time I followed the detour, which was unnecessary and cost me an hour. What’s this anout?!?.
Google maps issue. I saw the same thing on Saturday. NMDOT has been doing sone overnight I-40 closures where the detour is necessary. No idea why Google shows the detour routing during the day or on weekends. I simply ignored the bad routing.