Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Glen Allen, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, because on the Tesla page the new Richmond SC is open, although both the TMC thread and supercharge.info say it is not live yet.

I'm guessing Tesla's intent is to have Richmond open while they upgrade Glen Allen, but that doesn't quite seem to be happening yet.

IMG_0908.jpg

@Xenius, The new Richmond Supercharger appeared on the Nav this morning.

Glen Allen is still displayed as temporarily closed. Of course, Chester is available too.

Happy and safe travels!

Reactions: BigD0g
semi-inconvenient....We're coming from the north, and would normally stop at Glen Allen before making our turn to the west out along 360 to 460. Now, looks like I'll have to criss-cross Richmond on the Saturday before Christmas.....

:mad:

Yeah, we usually jump from Aberdeen to Glen Allen. Instead we may have to hit Laurel (ugh pita) and then go to Woodbridge, then on to Williamsburg.

I can get away with a long break in Woodbridge to range-charge to 100...I guess. But again, a mall 2 days before Christmas is less than ideal.

The first time I pulled into Woodbridge was at a time like that.. and most of the stalls were ICEd. I mean the entire parking lot was full. I think it was "movie night" or something. Luckily there was a spot or two open so I could charge.

Tesla should just close/relocate Woodbridge somewhere else. Takes way too long to get there, and then once there, by the time you just walk to the mall and back, your car is charged enough to continue.

Reactions: MacGreiner
The first time I pulled into Woodbridge was at a time like that.. and most of the stalls were ICEd. I mean the entire parking lot was full. I think it was "movie night" or something. Luckily there was a spot or two open so I could charge.

Tesla should just close/relocate Woodbridge somewhere else. Takes way too long to get there, and then once there, by the time you just walk to the mall and back, your car is charged enough to continue.

Apparently you have to pay to park and charge at National Harbor, so that's a no-go.

Not sure of your route by Gaithersburg, MD JUST opened on Sunday

Thanks for the tip, that's a bit out of the way though. We usually shoot down 95 from Philadelphia until before baltimore then depending on waze/google we either jump on the balt/wash parkway, or just stay on 95 until the beltway around DC, then back to 95 'till Richmond. Will be nice when Fredericksburg, VA opens as an alternative too. Usually we're sitting in bumper to bumper traffic from DC through there anyway, so would be a nice excuse to get off the road.

At least our car drives us! :)

Thanks for the tip, that's a bit out of the way though. We usually shoot down 95 from Philadelphia until before baltimore then depending on waze/google we either jump on the balt/wash parkway, or just stay on 95 until the beltway around DC, then back to 95 'till Richmond. Will be nice when Fredericksburg, VA opens as an alternative too. Usually we're sitting in bumper to bumper traffic from DC through there anyway, so would be a nice excuse to get off the road.

At least our car drives us! :)
AP is how I survive in this town!

Drive safely!