Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Glen Allen, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. Wide open, though the expansion isn't done yet.
IMG_20171223_095229.jpg

So, I decided to go check it out, it appears to be 20 of 20 stalls are open, I didn't test each stall, but all 20 were open and had no tape or other indication they were out of order, no idea why my nav had 15 of 15, it was funny, but the time I got there and looked again it changed to be 18/18, so maybe they are working on it, but it appears from the outside it's 20/20 online and they just have some landscaping and clean up work to do.

ok, but why the foreign license plate?

Isn't he from California?
Not sure but California uses a little piece of paper in the window as the temporary tag instead of a temporary plate like many states use. Maybe he is just using it as a decorative tag until his final plates come in. I recall fondly trying to explain to the Virginia State Troopers how this little slip of paper was really all I needed when I was driving my new Model S around with no tags (and getting pulled over frequently!)

Last edited:
Not sure if any of you have gotten a chance to check out this Supercharger station yet after the repaving but I noticed an issue on the side with the original 8 stalls. When they painted the lines for the parking spaces they did so using the Supercharger stalls as the center point and NOT the Tesla parking signs as it had been previously.

It makes the charging cables have to bend around the rear end of the car and this was obviously done in error. I’ve emailed Tesla North America support and the Supercharger Team and included a couple of pictures of the stalls and lines.

Will let you all know if/when I hear back on this issue.

Attachments

• 87963F06-89F4-4D70-B1A8-A5BFBA161AAE.jpeg
    87963F06-89F4-4D70-B1A8-A5BFBA161AAE.jpeg
    627.1 KB · Views: 73
  • BEEA4226-A346-4F8B-B7A5-EC5D14A6170B.jpeg
    BEEA4226-A346-4F8B-B7A5-EC5D14A6170B.jpeg
    643.7 KB · Views: 77