Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gloucester, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I been unable to leave the house for a few weeks. At this point we're looking for the meter to appear on the side of the transformer, and for it to be energized (numbers flashing on it). The fence may or may not come down prior to the site going live. Burlington went live and I believe Tesla pulled the fence down during commissioning. The contractor for Gloucester did Burlington too....

And no we won’t…

We got 45 miles from home and our kid started vomiting all over my model Y!

So we’re not making it up…. Doh.

(he’s doing better)

I think I’m gonna need to install Tesla buttons so that I can turn off the regenerative braking. One of the things I find very annoying are the subtle changes that were made in the MY between my M3 and the MY. So the kids not feeling well, but the harshness of the ride can’t be altered when it comes to the heavy drag of the regenerative braking. It’s all nice and fine when I’m the only person in the car, but it’s a different story when there are other people or it’s a family trip.

It’s just bizarre to me that that option was completely removed.

Good news is I was able to clean the car without a smell left over… 😏

Site is cleaned up and appears 'ready to go', except for the meter.

PXL_20220816_155631045.jpg

Me too; Potomac, graduated from Churchill High School in 1984.
Ooooooo Potomac!!!

Actually the roads in the general area have gotten kind of crappy over the last several years… So yesterday I put some Uberturbine 20 inch wheels off a M3P and what a difference. What’s really cool about them is that there is a half inch of tire in front of the wheel… no more trashing my rims!

now we just need to get up to Gloucester!!!

Just hope that the charger gets hooked up before next summer!!

I was thinking - a possible reason for the delay is that the feed to the new transformer is a tap off the the hardware store's existing transformer (or at least that's where the trench ended). I'm not certain, but they might need to kill the power or do other work at the original transformer to make the connection. They might need to negotiate with the tenant on when this can happen.

Not certain of course, but it's not a typical power feed from a nearby utility pole.

From a Facebook post, a crew was onsite at noon today doing some work at the transformer. Not sure if it was the contractor or National Grid. If NG, my guess - installing a meter, but that's just a guess. If the contractor, perhaps doing some checks on NG work done during transformer install.

EDIT: additional update said that the crew is gone and that no meter was installed.

Looking forward to updates from others nearby; I may be in the area this weekend but am not certain.

Last edited:
Reactions: GBMaryland
From a Facebook post, a crew was onsite at noon today doing some work at the transformer. Not sure if it was the contractor or National Grid. If NG, my guess - installing a meter, but that's just a guess. If the contractor, perhaps doing some checks on NG work done during transformer install.

EDIT: additional update said that the crew is gone and that no meter was installed.

Looking forward to updates from others nearby; I may be in the area this weekend but am not certain.
I’ll be in the area middle of Sept. Hope it’s functional, if not I’ll report.

Reactions: Tdreamer