Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Goleta, CA (LIVE 6 May 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pulled a max of 181 kW (731 mph).

We had some issues with these new V3 chargers, #1 charged at only 50 kW, #3 hit 181. kW but then gave the red T of death, #4 has been stable.

“We had some issues....”.... who are the “we”. And have the “we” tried them all yet?

I got red flashing on #2, but it eventually worked (see previous post this page). A day or two earlier same issue on #8 except I could not get it to work.

At least one of them does not look properly seated... like someone tried to push it over.

I suppose all these things could be typical of a new installation and will eventually be solved.

It is sooooo cool we will not to have to play the number game to decide which of the open stalls will deliver the most juice.

In the end, if one or two of them are identified as delivering only 50 kW or so, I will happily use them. Still almost 10 times faster than my dryer outlet. Last charge, the net was 8 times faster. I’ll take it.

“We had some issues....”.... who are the “we”. And have the “we” tried them all yet?

I got red flashing on #2, but it eventually worked (see previous post this page). A day or two earlier same issue on #8 except I could not get it to work.

At least one of them does not look properly seated... like someone tried to push it over.

I suppose all these things could be typical of a new installation and will eventually be solved.

It is sooooo cool we will not to have to play the number game to decide which of the open stalls will deliver the most juice.

In the end, if one or two of them are identified as delivering only 50 kW or so, I will happily use them. Still almost 10 times faster than my dryer outlet. Last charge, the net was 8 times faster. I’ll take it.
I tried only 1, 3, and 4, and 6. 1 and 3 had issues. I was caravanning with a friend, he tested 1 and 6, I was on 3-4.

• Informative
Reactions: Gray468
All the v3's I have seen are numbered - just a little more discreet. And usually, Tesla starts these off with lower capacity until they are 'broken in', historically a few days.

makes sense, so you can identify the problem stall when you call. I have not been there since Thursday at 7am. But at that time, the “call this number to report a problem” printed on the inside of the stall had empty space where the number should be. So, it appears they have a few final flourishes to deal with.

Anyone seen the site busy yet? Two times I was there to charge, it was empty. I drove past it mid day a few days ago and only only one car was charging.

Well, several interesting tidbits today. First, stall 5 (from Hollister) would not work for me. Has anyone been able to charge at stall 4?

Stall 4 did work and delivered over 80kW when I plugged in (I was at around 64%)... about 30kW more than it did the last time I was here under similar conditions. It certainly seemed to be charging faster (45 miles in 15 mins)

The countdown is now by minute rather than by 5 minutes. I am pretty sure it was by 5 min intervals last time I was here.

With 6 mins to go, the charge abruptly stopped. No reason given. The handle was not warm. So I unplugged and plugged back in and it flashed up again.

It is on my Map in my Tesla... but gives no info about status. Except, when I was plugged in it did.... but it was wrong. It claimed 2 spots avail. In fact, only 2 cars were charging.

So it appears there are some growing pains yet to be resolved. Anyone else discover other issues?

pics document most of the above.

Attachments

• 745FB2A3-833C-4415-8C3D-0821BDA26173.jpeg
    745FB2A3-833C-4415-8C3D-0821BDA26173.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 0594775F-AF99-4BE0-BC3D-92748E2C50D6.jpeg
    0594775F-AF99-4BE0-BC3D-92748E2C50D6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
  • 87BFBD30-D5C9-4D29-9D7A-2771517ED630.jpeg
    87BFBD30-D5C9-4D29-9D7A-2771517ED630.jpeg
    727.4 KB · Views: 72
Odd that it says Oxnard. If I click on any of them I get Shared (City, State) with Red. I tried Goleta, it said Goleta. I don't know what it actually does. I'm seeing 0 available at the moment. I need to go get something to eat, I'll look and see if it matches what the app says at the time.