Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Goleta, CA (LIVE 6 May 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i was here and charged on a V3 for the first time on Sunday. i got here with 20% i set the nav to the charger but i set it close by so my car didn't precondition. I never got over 150kw. Is 20% to high to go over 150 or is it becasue the battery didn't precondition?

i was here and charged on a V3 for the first time on Sunday. i got here with 20% i set the nav to the charger but i set it close by so my car didn't precondition. I never got over 150kw. Is 20% to high to go over 150 or is it becasue the battery didn't precondition?

I just finished charging my Model 3 there this morning, and I showed up with about 14% charge remaining. When changing first started, I got about 180kW at the very beginning of the session with no preconditioning, just a drive from downtown SB to Goleta.

I was there last weekend (Sat) and noticed it was quite busy. It was designated as a high usage charger and this picture shows it: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7ExzAcvhG8UfuR9D8
I'm pretty sure all the stations went all full for at least a period of time.

I don't know if this was the peak charge rate, I wasn't paying attention initially, but I did capture 193 kW: https://photos.app.goo.gl/vrpoiJQmUiZgCsi67

I was reviewing my account today. Charges for supercharging before and after this charging event are there already but I don't see one for Goleta or Santa Barbara. We'll see if it eventually shows up.

ok wife need to go to costco yesterday so i took her got here with 25% it did precondition on the way here and did get better numbers.
GOLET.jpg

Friday night there was a young guy giving away avocados to people at the charger, he was promoting his app. Short version is it had to do with figuring out home consumption cost, and I don't charge at home, so I wasn't a good candidate. Turns out i know someone who is, and I really liked the approach and effort, if anyone met him do you know what the app was?

Moderator note: Moved half a dozen posts about locals charging at Superchargers to this thread:

Posts about locals charging at Superchargers: complain here! :-)

This thread is about the Goleta, CA Supercharger.

Thanks,

Bruce.

Thank you for your service as a moderator. I do not envy you having to make such judgements. I would like to offer, however, that some of the posts you moved had useful information in them specific to the goleta location and of use to those of us that have been following this thread from the beginning. If possible, perhaps you could take a second look to see if you agree and maybe move them back.

Again, thank you for your efforts to keep this thread on topic.

P.S. example of relevant info: one member indicated the app reports of stalls available is still random. Said 6 avail and there was only 1 car there. I myself went there when the app said 6 available (and said so on arrival) and there was only 3, 2 of them handicap spots. So now I wonder, when the app says 1 stall avail at 10pm... is it dead wrong? Right now (9:45pm) it says 10/12 avail.

Thank you for your service as a moderator. I do not envy you having to make such judgements. I would like to offer, however, that some of the posts you moved had useful information in them specific to the goleta location and of use to those of us that have been following this thread from the beginning. If possible, perhaps you could take a second look to see if you agree and maybe move them back.

Again, thank you for your efforts to keep this thread on topic.

P.S. example of relevant info: one member indicated the app reports of stalls available is still random. Said 6 avail and there was only 1 car there. I myself went there when the app said 6 available (and said so on arrival) and there was only 3, 2 of them handicap spots. So now I wonder, when the app says 1 stall avail at 10pm... is it dead wrong? Right now (9:45pm) it says 10/12 avail.

You've correctly pointed out that some relevant/useful information got moved. I apologize for that, moderating is an imprecise process.

Fortunately for our readers, I think you've basically summarized that information (at least what I saw when I looked through the posts that I moved), to wit: Stall occupancy information is unreliable for this site. It might be indicating more or less than the correct number of available stalls.

Bruce.

Reactions: bmah
I’ve noticed people who are shopping at Costco and charging are leaving their shopping carts on the sidewalk right by the SC’s. How long until someone gets some damage to their rear bumper from a runaway cart?

I guess it’s too far to walk the cart back. Might need a cart return area.

Yeah, I charged at this SpC on the way back from Morro Bay last Saturday. 3 chargers were down (1 in the handicap and 2 in the non-handicap) and the rest of the non-handicap were occupied. I charged in the other handicap spot (and stayed with my car to be ready to move it in case someone with a handicap placard showed up) until one of the non-handicaps opened up, which was fortunately after only about 5 minutes.

It is pretty bad when 25% of the chargers are down. Hopefully they are fixing this.