Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grapevine, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe it will be an expansion...

On the Grapevine permit database, I did a search on the address of the current SC location, and found another permit in work for EV Charging Station w/Solar Panels and Display Screen. But then again, that sounds more like EA or EVGo.

1670358022283.png

Attachments

• pi_projects_1001_E_Northwest_Hwy_Grapevine_TX.pdf
    4.8 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: CarlS
I noticed a Starlink dish charging there today atop the switchgear. Not sure I paid attention before.
Tesla is installing Starlink at a lot of charge locations. Sometimes the dish is hidden, sometimes out in the open. We know that all charge locations are "seen" on the internet and our cars know how many stalls are in use etc. Needless to say, all charge locations have some kind of internet access for control, monitoring and maintenance. In my observation, Starlink is only one of the options that they use.

I don't know if these locations have the "secret" Tesla wifi hotspot that your car sees at Tesla Service Centers. You could test this by checking if your car will do a software download while at any of these chargers. There would be a customer benefit as well; you'd be able to stream Netflix etc. faster while charging. Maybe you could get the browser to load in less than a minute.

• Informative
Reactions: Electroman