Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grapevine, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged here yesterday. Noticed one of the car wash employees parking her red Chevy Volt in one of the charging spaces while she's working. Not "attempting" or pretending to plug in, just parking. I coyly asked her if she was going to charge and she looked me right in the eye and said there are charge spaces on the other side and walked off. I'm sure the Smokehouse owner would be very pleased to know how much he paid for a car wash employee's parking. Strange part is the car wash parking is way closer to where she works. Sounds like a social media project. ;)

That would be a definite test of the waterproofing. o_O

Right, they need to make a SC cable that has the accordion-style cover with a vacuum system, like they use for petrol vapor-recovery:

2_a4005evr2_grande.png

The vacuum seal seal against the body would prevent most water intrusion, and pull away any invasive liquid.

If I'm gonna be stuck in one place for an hour, I might as well get a clean car out of it!

Reactions: CarlS and Mark57
That would be a definite test of the waterproofing. o_O

Except in this case, it's two separate adjacent properties.
The same person (LLC) owns both property's. He has the same store in Alavarado, Henrietta and Grapevine that I know of. Grapevine is the only one with the wash. He is a nice man and works his store in grapevine.

The same person (LLC) owns both property's. He has the same store in Alavarado, Henrietta and Grapevine that I know of. Grapevine is the only one with the wash. He is a nice man and works his store in grapevine.
I wondered about that but wasn't sure based on how they're both named.

I was mostly saying separate properties so those reading this that had never visited the location would understand they are physically separated and not a car wash as part of the BBQ/Gas Station building. The car wash is a separate stand alone facility is what I should have said.

I'd think based on his $ contribution to adding the chargers to bring in business, that he'd frown on this employee using a stall as a personal parking spot.

Reactions: CarlS
Charged here yesterday. Noticed one of the car wash employees parking her red Chevy Volt in one of the charging spaces while she's working. Not "attempting" or pretending to plug in, just parking. I coyly asked her if she was going to charge and she looked me right in the eye and said there are charge spaces on the other side and walked off. I'm sure the Smokehouse owner would be very pleased to know how much he paid for a car wash employee's parking. Strange part is the car wash parking is way closer to where she works. Sounds like a social media project. ;)
“We are living in a society!” Haha - Seinfeld reference

Reactions: Mark57
Just looking around on Tesla's Supercharger map and noticed there is a new marker for "Grapevine, TX" slated for Q3 2023. There are already chargers in Grapevine so maybe we're about to see some mid-city expansion. That would be nice!

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Just looking around on Tesla's Supercharger map and noticed there is a new marker for "Grapevine, TX" slated for Q3 2023. There are already chargers in Grapevine so maybe we're about to see some mid-city expansion. That would be nice!
Are you just copying and pasting this post into several DFW locations? 🤔
It’s nothing new that we have new locations added to the same towns / cities where there are currently one or two sets of changers.

Only Grapevine and Arlington, the two I saw. It made sense to post on the existing threads instead of creating new ones.
Each new SC deserves its own thread. The details around getting permit to construction to opening can be discussed.

And more importantly after it is up and running any outages or issues can also be captured, which is extremely helpful since the link to each of these thread is also captured in SuperCharge.info website. So when I make a trip I use SuperCharge.info and also click the link to the corresponding thread to see if there is any recent discussion of outages or concerns. Very useful for each SC to have its own thread

Last edited: