Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grapevine, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't expect construction on the super charger to begin until the store is green tagged for use. In my photos above you see what I think is and transformer pad getting ready. Tesla is not the "anchor" tenant so there is really no reason for them to even begin. My sense is that it will go together quickly once the store is stocked with groceries and gasoline. I think we can all rest assured that all of Tesla's parts and pieces are in local warehouse ready to deploy. What I found interesting is the angled stall that is formed up. My mind wanders about the purpose of that one angled stall. (CyberTruck?) IDK.

Thanks, Rick... I've got some vacation days off, thought I might amble over there for a looksee as well.

I don't suppose falling on the ground, beating my fists and screaming "BUT I WANT IT" would have any effect... My kids used to think so!

I feel that way about the Beaumont Supercharger "coming in 2020", too.

Seems to be difficult to get a handle on opening days info on lots of these planned S/Cs. This one is closer to me than Southlake and might come in handy one day. Plus, the BBQ is good at these places!
I have been watching the "planned" Dallas S/C, Beaumont, TX, New Orleans, and a few others which all say "Planned 2020", but the only info I have ever encountered is the herald trumpets heard on this site when one finally opens.
Beaumont will come in handy for DAL-New Orleans to avoid Shreveport in the middle of the night...
This just in - MSN had an article on a new In-N-Out burger joint with S/Cs opening soon. Then I noticed it was Beaumont, California. Good for CA, not good for TX.
Every “coming soon” SC changes to the current year each year. ‍♂️♂️ Small value added to the statements, in my opinion. Ha

Excuses, excuses. It’s V3 time.

Nice dream, but this site is a little off the beaten path.

I bet the V3s would be more likely to be sited on the major Interstates with heavy thru traffic, or amidst a lot of cliff dwellers with less opportunity to charge at home.

While it will be nice to have this near my home, it will be of limited use for me. I look at the huge traffic daily at the Walnut Hill S/C amidst a large apartment concentration and along a major commute route. Could use an expansion here.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
New pictures from today.

IMG_3057.JPEG
Most building and drive-by signage complete.

IMG_3055.JPEG

Gas pump canopy structure just installed this morning.

IMG_3056.JPEG

Car wash and canopy getting closer to completion. Still need paving in this area. I'm assuming this will be vacuum and dry-off bays for car wash.

IMG_3058.JPEG

Picture through a window (I blocked as much reflection as I could). Looks like ceiling, walls, flooring, and electrical done, and placing some of the food prep and display stuff. Farther in background, it doesn't appear there's product shelving/display isles in, so certainly not to the stocking phase yet.

It doesn't seem like the store is likely to be open in 2020. Still to be done: gas pumps, some paving, car wash machinery/controls including pay station, some minor landscaping, interior finish-out and stocking, plus any inspections/certifications required for any of those things. At the pace this project has gone, that seems likely to be a couple/few more months. And if Superchargers won't go in until after business opens, that might be Spring 2021 at the earliest.

PECO boxes are car wash parts. Heavy equipment operator was pretty sure the SC was going to be adjoining to the West side of the store. Note the transformer forms next to building. The yet to be poured pad with the vertical steel pipes (bollards) are now in my opinion the garbage container enclosure that's why the angle (allowing the trash truck to get in and out easy). I can't be sure of the west side as I don't think there is even room for a SC. I am sticking with the north side up against the old wooden fence. This is like playing where's Waldo. Fun to contemplate.

Attachments

• XRSSUcdfTNmYQ34Zm%hhOQ.jpg
    XRSSUcdfTNmYQ34Zm%hhOQ.jpg
    958.1 KB · Views: 46
  • R3cHrkU0QLWJajgKZoWO6Q.jpg
    R3cHrkU0QLWJajgKZoWO6Q.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 54
Quite a bit of progress today.

Gas pumps are in and canopy close to complete...

pic2.jpg

Rebar ready and some cement poured on East side of car wash and some car wash equipment installed (hard to see in deep shadows in buidling even with overdone shadow lightening)...

pic1.jpg

Also some new work around back including pour of what we think may be the transformer pad...

pic3.jpg

And some work being done in that diagonal space around back we're speculating is the dumpster area. That continues to make sense as it appears they're putting up posts, maybe for an enclosure around the area...

pic4.jpg