Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Grapevine, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need this yesterday. Weekend trip to Lewisville from Austin. Drove right by here to hit south lake for a fill up.

A recurring theme about DFW SC’s is that they tend to be inconveniently placed or in poor repair/charging speed quality with few human needs facilities open past standard business hours.

This needs to change; I still propose dual uSC installs at QT’s if only for convenience.

This needs to change; I still propose dual uSC installs at QT’s if only for convenience.
I would think licensing McSuperChargers would be great. Would a stand alone restaurant like that have the electric capacity to add one or two chargers without major upgrades? Name them something different so they can change a nominal amount and then they are available for those truly in need.

But, truly off track for this thread :)

I would think licensing McSuperChargers would be great. Would a stand alone restaurant like that have the electric capacity to add one or two chargers without major upgrades? Name them something different so they can change a nominal amount and then they are available for those truly in need.

But, truly off track for this thread :)
What about for those of us with FUSC? :)

What about for those of us with FUSC? :)
I have it too... but I would value charging being available when I travel over saving money. I would think a location with a small number of spots could quickly get saturated w/ locals trying to save a few $$. Anyway, not going to happen, only a dream either way.

But I cannot wait for this one to open! I've sat at the CHAdeMO at the Walgreens in Coppell a few times to save the drive to Southlake. Of course if the hotels in the area would get slow charging then I really wouldn't care at this location :) If Mariott would add charging to EVERY location, even if it had a $10/night upcharge for a RESERVED charging spot... I'd be all in. Of course, I understand everyone doesn't see it the same way.

I have it too... but I would value charging being available when I travel over saving money. I would think a location with a small number of spots could quickly get saturated w/ locals trying to save a few $$. Anyway, not going to happen, only a dream either way.

But I cannot wait for this one to open! I've sat at the CHAdeMO at the Walgreens in Coppell a few times to save the drive to Southlake. Of course if the hotels in the area would get slow charging then I really wouldn't care at this location :) If Mariott would add charging to EVERY location, even if it had a $10/night upcharge for a RESERVED charging spot... I'd be all in. Of course, I understand everyone doesn't see it the same way.
Staybridge in Valley Ranch next to Fry’s has a destination charger.

• Helpful
Reactions: brkaus
Walked over this evening and spoke to a guy on site. He said they are hoping to get opened by end of February.

pic11.jpg

He said the Superchargers are going to be on the West side of the building, not behind (to the North) as we speculated.

pic12.jpg

That would be in the area where the blue lift is parked in the picture above. That's certainly not enough space for all 12 posts to be that that the permit mentions. I happened to snap the below picture which I thought was a throwaway, but between the main building and car wash, there are these small islands present...

pic17.jpg

So maybe there will be back-in spaces against the building and also across the drive between building and car wash.

pic13.jpg

The canopy beside the car wash is going to be a mixture of full-service vacuum/detail as well as DIY.

Attachments

• pic11.jpg
    pic11.jpg
    622.5 KB · Views: 85
  • pic12.jpg
    pic12.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 52
  • pic13.jpg
    pic13.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 58
  • pic14.jpg
    pic14.jpg
    888.9 KB · Views: 54
  • pic15.jpg
    pic15.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 52
Transformer is set on the pad along the back fence. I am still not convinced that this location is where it’s going. The owner is in need of power to the store first. The transformer pad on the west side of the store is not set. So the west location next to the store clearly has enough space in my opinion. I don’t think they’d set power if the permit isn’t issued. #justsayin’

Went by this morning. Happened upon the electrician who said that 8 Superchargers will be on West end of main building and 4 at the other end.
It is nice that they will be handy to the entrance, but you can be sure that will ensure they will be ICEd a lot.
The big green transformer appears to be the main feed for the joint. He said there would be "a transformer " in the enclosure under the JR Stone Oven sign.
There's some conduits going in to the curbed areas next to the transformer and cable TV stump.
It's gonna be a while...

IMG_20210112_133529439_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210112_133529439_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210112_133233857_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210112_133236578_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210112_133426245_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210112_133426245_HDR.jpg
    745.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20210112_133207260_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210112_133207260_HDR.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 61
Wished you might have learned planned output. I really feel that the 250 kW, has to be the new standard just by reviewing the SC Map data. AND most importantly if they are on opposite sides of the building, they no doubt will be the closest 2 supercharger in the known universe. Another first for Texas! LOL.

Wished you might have learned planned output. I really feel that the 250 kW, has to be the new standard just by reviewing the SC Map data. AND most importantly if they are on opposite sides of the building, they no doubt will be the closest 2 supercharger in the known universe. Another first for Texas! LOL.

All the guys with whom I spoke were Electricians. Run some conduit, fill them with warrs, that's about the extent of their knowledge. I doubt they would know a Supercharger (Tesla) from a Supercharger(a Blown Chrysler Hemi).

HE didn't have a precise location for the "other two", other than a wave of his hand in the general direction of the East end of the building.

It would be nice if it were a 250, but not important to me, I have a big charger at the house, but it will be handy, about 4 miles from the house, if I need to drop in for a quick fix. WTH, the BarBQ at those places is generally very good. Alas, the car wash looks like one of those spinning brush finish destroyers. Oh well, Real Men Wash Their Own Cars...

I may reconnoiter some more this weekend, take a look at the big transformer which appears to be the transformer for the entire site.

Phlegm at 11.

Heres the deal. See the photos attached.
4 (likely handicapped stalls) on the east side of the building.
8 stalls on the West side of the building.
The photo of the utility pole - note the cartridge fuses are not closed to the corner
and the meter on the back of the transformer in the rear/north is not set.
Electrician showed me the (permits) - they are issued in steps it seems.

BEST of all V3!!!!!!!
BBwJAVEUTzWxEs85kpMOYw.jpg
bz37zWl5TWuRIRYwTOf6uQ.jpg
BBwJAVEUTzWxEs85kpMOYw.jpg
rpYgwgYJSeqMucJiDJsBAw.jpg
0jIVULYrSMq3xYYv+MtVuw.jpg

Attachments

• HbnRHwRkRSSU4O56p2kxKw.jpg
    HbnRHwRkRSSU4O56p2kxKw.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 49
  • bxQ+GQvGT4GrnnCV8aI4tg.jpg
    bxQ+GQvGT4GrnnCV8aI4tg.jpg