Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should be fine this time of year (not too hot or cold outside, not extreme use of climate control inside), just minimize climate control, keep the pano closed and keep your speed in check to ensure range to Charlotte.

And if you have a CHAdeMO adapter or can borrow one from someone, there are a couple of nice options in Greenville. That said, as long as you do as Drucifer said you'll be fine.

A couple of other things. Tire inflation at or slightly above recommended (check them before you leave ATL) and ATL is about 1000' above sea level, Charlotte is about 600' above sea level, so it is a "downhill" drive to Charlotte. It is also likely a "tailwind" drive as well since winds are generally from the West/Southwest. The elevation and winds will probably be unfavorable on the drive back.

I heard it will stormy this weekend over the southeast. You may well have a headwind. Your wheels are also a little less efficient (I have read 3%) than the 19" wheels. If you want to play it safe, check out "Thomas Family Dentistry" on Plugshare: about two miles off I-85 in Greenville. He has a HPWC that is available 24/7. I used it for about 30 minutes on my trip from Charlotte to Suwanee (10 miles northeast of Atlanta) and arrived with around 50 miles remaining. I drove about ten over after leaving Greenville (any slower and you get run over, especially I-85 in Georgia). Safe travels.

Just drove by the proposed SC location and there is construction equipment on-site. I took some pictures and will post those when I get home later tonight.
Trey
DSCN1015.JPG
DSCN1016.JPG
DSCN1017.JPG
DSCN1018.JPG
DSCN1019.JPG
DSCN1020.JPG
DSCN1021.JPG
DSCN1022.JPG
DSCN1024.JPG

Last edited:
A very respectful balance of the lawyers desires and enthusiasm from owners. Peak over that fence! :)

Sneak Peek VS Sneak Peak - The Oatmeal

No, it's not a balance at all. It's really annoying. There are 4 standard questions to ask the crew:
(1) When will you be done? (That's their piece and they normally have a good idea on it)
(2) When will the Supercharger be open? (We understand there's speculation there, but sometimes they have information about what's coming next)
(3) Where are you going next? (This has proved to be really useful information for people in the past)
(4) Are you bidding on other contracts?

Tesla is telling them not to tell anyone anything and to direct them to Tesla's Supercharger team, which also doesn't tell anyone anything.

PS I agree with the poster above: deserves its own thread. I like the fact that they posted the notice. Tesla forgot that the zeroth rule of The Notice, is to tell people that the first rule of The Notice is not to talk about The Notice.

I look at it differently. Rather than simply say "no comment" and ask us to leave, they tell us "this is the contact for questions and feel free to take pictures and check out the site under construction." But I can see how one would feel as ItsNotAbohtTheMoney would. Guess I spent too much time looking at the locked gate of the Tesla Service Center having to take pictures from the street and that changed my perspective.

I look at it differently. Rather than simply say "no comment" and ask us to leave, they tell us "this is the contact for questions and feel free to take pictures and check out the site under construction." But I can see how one would feel as ItsNotAbohtTheMoney would. Guess I spent too much time looking at the locked gate of the Tesla Service Center having to take pictures from the street and that changed my perspective.

This is actually Tesla trying to set owner expectations, but not setting owner expectations. How many times does Tesla say something will happen in XXXX timeline and then it's late/unfinished? Several times per year by my count. Sure, it's annoying to not get a glimpse into the supercharger roll-out, but actually seeing construction let's you know it's happening and continuing to happen. Don't get me wrong, I like details, but these contractors are probably more comfortable fulfilling the contract than getting hounded by owners; we can be a harassing bunch. And since you wont get any good info out of them now, instead go take them some coffee or water if you are passing through to check the construction.

Thanks to Trey for posting the info about the construction (and the cupcake!) and the photos. I, too, saw the letter--it is posted on the outer edge of the construction zone where anyone could see it. I think that was the point of the construction team: anyone wanting info will not necessarily be told any by the construction team ("See the notice? Tesla doesn't want us talking."). I'm just glad they are starting round 2 of construction which will hopefully yield a much needed supercharger by early December when I travel that way again.

It's been almost a week. Can someone local (or passing through) stop by and report on progress?

Gotcha! Went by Friday afternoon to see what had been done. Really didn't expect much with all the rain we have had in the area, but was impressed by what I saw. They have the 8 bollard's up and looks like they are moving along quite well. In the last photo, you will see this ship to address has the correct street address, but the wrong city and zip.
Trey

DSCN1043.JPG
DSCN1044.JPG
DSCN1045.JPG
DSCN1046.JPG
DSCN1047.JPG