Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenville, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking at the Bleckley Inn and other destination chargers such as Chateau Elan as possible backups, but they all say for "Patrons Only" or "Guests Only" - I wonder how strict they are about that...

Standard language on the Tesla site.
Policy and Amperage varies by location. Some will charge a parking fee (even for overnight guests), some do limit to guests, some are free to any Tesla.
Some are 56A.

Do report back what you find in practice (and/or post to PlugShare)!

Wzubp3P.jpg

Thanks, Cottonwood for all the detail. I think it's a great idea. I'm wondering if anyone knows what a typical HPWC charge would cost in dollars to the hotel/restaurant. I think I need to know that to pitch it. If we crowdfund the actual charger and installation and the owners knew how negligible the electric costs would be per paying customer, it would help to sell it. Anyone have that type of tech info please chime in.

Thanks, Cottonwood for all the detail. I think it's a great idea. I'm wondering if anyone knows what a typical HPWC charge would cost in dollars to the hotel/restaurant. I think I need to know that to pitch it. If we crowdfund the actual charger and installation and the owners knew how negligible the electric costs would be per paying customer, it would help to sell it. Anyone have that type of tech info please chime in.

Good question.

Here is a graphic published by Tesla a while ago, the charging time and rated miles added go with 80 Amp charging at 240 Volts on an HPWC.

Tesla Charge and Numbers.png

Well, the good news is that CHAdeMO adapters are for sale again on the Tesla website and it looks like Greenville at least has one of those. I had it confirmed that the Richardson Municipal Garage on Richardson Street has a new CHAdeMO charger. There is no fee, no network required, (like Blink, Chargepoint, etc) but they will charge you for parking. There is a limit of 90 minutes at this spot. I am awaiting my adapter and hope to go check it out next week to find out about amps, kw's and charging speed in mph (which is the only thing that makes sense to me). Is there anyone with an adapter close to Greenville who may be able to check it out before me?
Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 4.59.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 5.49.43 PM.png

Well I made it from Atlanta to Charlotte and back without any intervening charge (in my P85.) On the way there the weather was perfect and it was no sweat at all - I started out going 63mph because I wasn't sure - when I was nearly halfway there it was clear I would make it quite easily - so I increased to 70-75 and made it with no problem. It helped that the weather was just perfect. On the way back it was a different story - raining most of the way - had to go as slow as 52 mph on some parts just to keep my range from sinking too much, but I made it again - about 240 miles each way on a single charge.

I wish the Greenville supercharger had been there, especially for the return trip - but it's nice to know the gap can be bridged on a single charge if necessary, at least in an 85.

Well I made it from Atlanta to Charlotte and back without any intervening charge (in my P85.) On the way there the weather was perfect and it was no sweat at all - I started out going 63mph because I wasn't sure - when I was nearly halfway there it was clear I would make it quite easily - so I increased to 70-75 and made it with no problem. It helped that the weather was just perfect. On the way back it was a different story - raining most of the way - had to go as slow as 52 mph on some parts just to keep my range from sinking too much, but I made it again - about 240 miles each way on a single charge.

I wish the Greenville supercharger had been there, especially for the return trip - but it's nice to know the gap can be bridged on a single charge if necessary, at least in an 85.

Thanks Alpha, good to know. How much total charge did you put in the car in Charlotte to get back to Atlanta? Full charge to 100%?

When I was driving to Atlanta from Virginia in March, I charged at Charlotte to about 98%. I did stop in Commerce and picked up another 20 miles of charge at the Tanger Outlets (I had travelled 187 miles and had 64 miles of range remaining--P85D). I arrived in Suwanee with 40 miles remaining. This was travelling at about 5MPH over speed limit (yes 75MPH on I-85 in northern Georgia).

Tried this one today (Richardson Municipal Garage on Richardson Street) in P85D with new charmed adapter, it does not work. Got the same Error 6 message other person reported. Also, there is not a dedicated parking spot of this new Level 3 unit. There's one space next to it that is not labeled for EV cars so an ICE was there. The other side of the charger has yellow strips which indicates to me you can't park there. Our thought is they are not finished with the charger, signs and spots. I ended up using Level 2 unit directly across for 17mi/hr charge. It was enough to get us back to Charlotte.

Just made a trip across the Charlotte <-> Decatur desert and stopped off to see what the supercharger in Greenville looked like now that its been a year since construction was halted. I'll post again about the trip, short story, I had no problem whatsoever driving straight through this leg and had 20 miles left on either end.

Now for the abandoned supercharger... I took a couple of panning video shots to get the full effect of the beauty of this supercharger! Actually, its a shame this got stuck as this is a really easy on/off and pretty good location. A nice little self contained parking area.

Tesla Supercharger in Greenville, SC shot 1 - YouTube

Tesla Supercharger in Greenville, SC shot 2 - YouTube

What was/is the lawsuit about anyway? Anything to do with not wanting something ugly in the parking lot? because .. well.. lol...

Last edited: