Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Harris Ranch, CA (18 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I let my AAA lapse since Tesla includes roadside assistance. Is there a mileage limit?

I will definitely use the car nav for longer road trips. On a recent trip to Tahoe from the Bay Area the nav told me that one of the Placerville chargers was down, good thing there are two locations in Placerville now.

I let my AAA lapse since Tesla includes roadside assistance. Is there a mileage limit?

I will definitely use the car nav for longer road trips. On a recent trip to Tahoe from the Bay Area the nav told me that one of the Placerville chargers was down, good thing there are two locations in Placerville now.

I always keep AAA Plus or whatever they call their top tear these days. The annual fee is practically nothing.

The language Tesla uses is somewhat vague. They will town you 500 miles but sounds like only to a service center. What if you want to go elsewhere.

Tesla Roadside will also tow you to a supercharger if your out of juice; howlers it is not covered as no charge; you have to pay.

Last edited:
Thinking about staying at the Harris Ranch Resort for my upcoming trip to Vancouver. Read about the smell of cow poop in this forum but last reported in 2017. Can anyone confirm that it's now a non-issue? I certainly wouldn't well to cope with that smell all night long.

Thinking about staying at the Harris Ranch Resort for my upcoming trip to Vancouver. Read about the smell of cow poop in this forum but last reported in 2017. Can anyone confirm that it's now a non-issue? I certainly wouldn't well to cope with that smell all night long.
Generally only able to smell it while outside! And only a faint whiff

Reactions: PKMAN
Smell is quite strong if the breeze is toward you. I had to turn on the bio-defense AC mode 😀 for relief during supercharging. I guess if I was there for long, sooner or later I would get used to it.

Reactions: PKMAN
It's a really cool hotel with a nice swimming pool (or perhaps pools?). I stayed there once and my room was unique and had a balcony.

I don't think there's much of a way to predict the cow smell during your stay unless you are an expert meteorologist with inside info as to what they are doing with the cows at the ranch on that particular day. It can be bad, but your nose adjusts to it after a while. I would think in your room with the windows closed, it wouldn't be noticeable after an hour or so even on a bad day.

Reactions: Tyl and PKMAN

Personally, I've only noticed the smell when driving past the cattle lots, which are a little bit north of the Harris Ranch Superchargers.

Bruce.

Reactions: PLUS EV and PKMAN
Yes, cattle smell (depending on wind direction and location of cattle). But stay in car- or, if open, go in restaurant and have coffee.
Also, you can charge enuf to get to next charger and use it.
I remember those days when there was no option.
Hmm... sounds like as long as we stay indoor (inside hotel), should be OK. I will need to consult with my wife to stay here or Hotel Mission De Oro (Santa Nella SC) 75 miles north.

Reactions: treldib