Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Idaho Springs, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another reason NOT to charge in ski country:
Since Tesla crippled regen with an update a few months ago, if you have more than about 60% charge when you exit the tunnel coming back home, your regen will be limited and you will need to use your friction brakes a good bit; and even more so if you parked out in the cold all day.
That is not true in my 3. We left Beaver Creek at 75% charge and regen was never limited coming down either Vail pass, down from the tunnel or down Georgetown hill.

anybody have a chance to check it out this weekend? Anything look different?
Nothing that different. They still have some equipment there and a caution tape across half the lot, blocking 6 of the stalls. 2 of the shared stalls are outside of the caution tape but have the cables tied up so you can't use them and they aren't lit up yet anyways. It's going to be a tight fit once this lot gets busy.

The supercharger is operational! Lights are on and a model 3 is charging!

Attachments

• IMG_20200206_163019.jpg
    IMG_20200206_163019.jpg
    697.9 KB · Views: 97
It should show up in the app for Denver peeps as we can see the Loveland supercharger, but it hasn't shown up yet.
I checked but it isn't in the app yet. It probably won't show in the app for several days or even a week or more after being turned on. Often they have a soft opening where they are on but not yet officially published in case they need to work out any potential issues.

We'll probably drop by tomorrow to check it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Sasquatch
So glad to see this Supercharger live! Most of our trips are from the Denver area up to Silverthorne/Breckenridge/Vail and I'm always on the fence if I should charge or how long to bother charging at Silverthorne. In most cases I don't think it has been warranted and I ended up regretting it when I pull into the driveway at home with 25-30%. This new location in Idaho Springs will make that decision much easier, and if I do have to stop much faster thanks to V3.

Big shout out to everyone that has been driving by and providing updates. You are the real MVPs.

See you in Idaho Springs!

Reactions: corywright
This new SC in Idaho Springs is great for driving up into the mountains, especially with no other SC on the west side of Denver. Hopefully it will reduce the congestion at Silverthorne. But, I don't see much need for this new SC when driving down from the mountains. Once you get over the divide, you are pretty must coasting.