Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Illinois/Chicagoland Wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Bebop

Jun 25, 2017
Midwest
Any places you guys think there should be supercharger stations?

I would love to see a station at Woodfield Mall somewhere. I feel like that makes a lot of sense considering it's location by the highway and having access to all kinds of food and the mall itself (shopping). Then you have streets of Woodfield right across the street.

I also think perhaps somewhere around the Yorktown Center/Oakbrook considering its position in the corner of 88 and 350.

Check out this: supercharge.info

Woodfield Mall would be good, but there's already one planned for Rolling Meadows just east of there.

Once that one is up and running, they'll have the main 5 routes in/out of the city covered. Anything more would just be gravy IMO. 88 is covered by North Aurora. 355 is covered by both a Bolingbrook and a Rolling Meadows.

Check out this: supercharge.info

Woodfield Mall would be good, but there's already one planned for Rolling Meadows just east of there.

Once that one is up and running, they'll have the main 5 routes in/out of the city covered. Anything more would just be gravy IMO. 88 is covered by North Aurora. 355 is covered by both a Bolingbrook and a Rolling Meadows.
That's true. My thinking is moving forward with the Model 3 coming there will eventually be more Tesla's out on the road and so having more conveniently located Supercharger stations will help. I'm sure the network will keep growing.