TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger in Santa Barbara?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Russell B, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Russell B

Russell B Member

Just noticed a supercharger icon on the Tesla map (on the car monitor) in Santa Barbara California. There has been no announcement and I wonder if this is for real?

2. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

That would be the first place I would expect it to officially show up.

3. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Active Member

Not seeing it on mine.

4. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Not seeing it on mine either. What software do you have? Mine 4.5 (1.33.44)

5. markb1

markb1 Active Member

Where, exactly? The rumor was there would be one in Oxnard, and there's definitely one coming online in Buellton. Santa Barbara is roughly halfway in between, and I don't expect there will be a supercharger there.

6. AlisoJames

AlisoJames Member

Could you be more specific? Is it showing up on a Google map or did you use the Supercharger locator in your car controls? It does not show up on the list of Superchargers on mine or on the Tesla website. There is information on another thread here about the confirmed location in Buellton, CA just past Santa Barbara.

7. Russell B

Russell B Member

Location?

Address is 66 E. Victoria St. May be a sales office but the icon is new.

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked the monitor again and touching the icon again and it moves to a navigate icon giving the address.
    The software is 4.5

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

8. AlisoJames

AlisoJames Member

Interesting! Does not show up on my screen and I think I have 4.5 too. Looks like you have an icon in the Valley too but I wonder if that is a store.

9. markb1

markb1 Active Member

The large icons are superchargers. The small icon are locations your car has previously charged at. Or at least that's the way it works on mine. You can toggle either of these type of icons on or off with the lightning bolt button in the upper right corner.

10. AlisoJames

AlisoJames Member

Thanks markb1! I think that clears it up. The good news is that the Atascadero location has now been confirmed and with Buellton set to go we are all set for our mid July road trip to Morro Bay and Carmel.

11. Russell B

Russell B Member

I bet that's it. Sorry to raise hopes, including mine. A service center is going in SB and hopefully a supercharger follows.

12. metafor

metafor Member

Anyone know specifically when the Buellton one will come online? I'm driving down the 101 to SB Jun 30th and would love it if one was there and operational..

13. hans

hans P631

It's not a supercharger but I use at the 30A Blink charger at the Sunset center in downtown Carmel all the time. Charging is free but parking cost money unless you hook up after 6pm. The charger is open 7x24. 8th street between San Carlos and Mission.

14. AlisoJames

AlisoJames Member

Thanks Hans. Do you need any account info to use it like Chargepoint? I got a Chargepoint account a couple of years ago when I got my Leaf.

15. hans

hans P631

Yes, I have a blink card so I use that. There is a blink card attached to the charger on a chain and you can use it as a "guest" account. I think all you need to know is the ZIP code for downtown Carmel which is 93921

16. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

When you click the lightning bolt in the upper right, it should give you a menu where you can select/deselect the non-supercharger ones.

17. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

For the direct list of superchargers sorted by distance from your current location, tap "Places", then select the "Superchargers" tab on the left. That's the list that will automatically update as they come online.

18. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769

According to the official e-mail we got, they are all operational now! Yahooooooooooooooo!

19. allanb4me

allanb4me Member

20. Timothy

Timothy Driving on Sunshine

Not a SuperCharger, but there is a 70 amp charger in Goleta at the Rabobank.