Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Indianapolis, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Google Maps satellite view shows the supercharger under construction.

Screen shot 2015-01-27 at 3.45.31 PM.png

The Indianapolis Supercharger still is listed on Tesla's website. It also shows up as operational on the in car navigation system.

I called the Tesla store at the Fashon Mall in Indianapolis and they said it was only down for a couple of hours, and has been working fine since.

GSP

Whatever it was (I did not ask) Tesla has always been prompt about fixing any cause of downtime at Superchargers. Sometimes problems can not be fixed quickly when the utility realizes after the fact that does not have the proper infrastructure to support the supercharger, but problems are still fixed ASAP.

I wish other public charging solutions were as well managed.

GSP

Indy supercharger is operational, but currently experiencing reduced performance. Initially tried stall 2A and 4B. Both would only ramp up to about 55 kW. Called Tesla support and was told stalls 1A, 1B, 2A, and 4B were all having issues and running at reduced rates. Was told the other 4 stalls (2B, 3A, 3B, 4A) were running at full rate. Moved over to 4A, but still only got up to about 240 mi/hr, or about 70-75 kW max rate.

• Helpful
Reactions: rabar10
Looked at some data after I got home that I logged with VisibleTesla. Battery amps in stall 4A still appeared to be capped at around ~175 amps while charging in the range on 50-70% state of charge. Compared to data I logged at Lafayette supercharger mid Oct, would expect to see max battery voltage in the 200-250 amp range over that part of the charging curve.

Attachments

• SC Performance.png
    SC Performance.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 51
FYI - The supercharger stall in use status appears to constantly show 2 cars charging. I just was here, when I arrived, it showed two in use and no-one was there. When went back to my car, was a Model X that had just arrived. After I had been unplugged for a few minutes and he had started charging, was showing 3 in use, while only 2 were being used.

Otherwise seems to be working fine. I had ~37% SOC when I arrived, ramped up to 109kW in my MS90D using stall 4A. The X driver rolled in with 0% (had come from Columbus OH, skipped Dayton, not know what his SOC was leaving Columbus, OH), initially started off really slow, but that due to SOC. After about 5 min, him getting up to 2%, and he was pulling 110 kW in 2A. I had used 3A about a week ago, also pulled over 100kW at about 50% SOC.

• Informative
Reactions: supratachophobia
FYI - The supercharger stall in use status appears to constantly show 2 cars charging. I just was here, when I arrived, it showed two in use and no-one was there. When went back to my car, was a Model X that had just arrived. After I had been unplugged for a few minutes and he had started charging, was showing 3 in use, while only 2 were being used.

Otherwise seems to be working fine. I had ~37% SOC when I arrived, ramped up to 109kW in my MS90D using stall 4A. The X driver rolled in with 0% (had come from Columbus OH, skipped Dayton, not know what his SOC was leaving Columbus, OH), initially started off really slow, but that due to SOC. After about 5 min, him getting up to 2%, and he was pulling 110 kW in 2A. I had used 3A about a week ago, also pulled over 100kW at about 50% SOC.
Interesting about the 2 in use at all times. I also heard they are considering something else on the North side with regards to charging.