Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Indio, CA (LIVE, 36 V3 + 8 V2 + 2 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found this article that announced a new store/service center in Cathedral City at an old Hyundai/VW location. It also mentions a supercharger. However, it's not clear whether or not it means a supercharger will be at the store/service center or at the location in Indio that we all thought it would be. Maybe Tesla changed their mind and is now putting the Indio supercharger here? Here's the supercharger quote from the article:

"Desert residents will be able to order the pricey cars, and Tesla owners will be able to hook into a computer to diagnose technical problems or recharge their vehicles in 40 minutes with a supercharger, Milos said."

Officials say Tesla is Cathedral City-bound

My Palm Spring neighbor just mentioned the news article so I drove by.
IMG_3601.JPG

One of the workers said they were suppose to open tomorrow, but it looks like a few more days yet.
IMG_3602.JPG

I actually wonder why Tesla doesn't put SpCs at all their SvCs anyways. Would make tons of sense IMO. At least new ones!

Location. Most SvCs are usually in population hot spots rather than along highway routes. Any SpCs there will be flooded by locals.

They considered putting out a solo SpC at the Burlingame, CA service center but, decided against it (for cost reasons too). It's inside the service bay now.

Today, I stopped and talked with the construction crew in Roseville CA. They were running behind because they hit a hard volcanic rock layer that required bringing in some special equipment. They expect to finish in a week and a half, working 10 hour days, 7 days a week. Why does this matter to you? Well, I asked where are they off to next and the answer was Indio. They also hear that there were some permit problems. Assuming these should be cleared up, your construction should start in about 10 days.

Guy
Talked to the same construction boss last week as the were finishing up. He said their next was assignment was changed from indio to some solar related project. Apparently indio has some permitting problems.

Talked to the same construction boss last week as the were finishing up. He said their next was assignment was changed from indio to some solar related project. Apparently indio has some permitting problems.

Another crew (San Juan Capistrano?) has also indicated that they would be going to Indio, so there's still hope that construction will start soon. Our understanding of the permitting is that it has been approved and the permits have been ready to pick up for over a month.

Does anyone have a charging favorite between Palm Springs and Grape Vine, going northbound I-210, just for a top off? Heading north just getting a little anxious, in case of traffic before up and over to Ft. Tejon?

PS got an appointment for "annual checkup" (three months late) at Cat City SC on wednesday. Yahoo! Been waiting ...

Does anyone have a charging favorite between Palm Springs and Grape Vine, going northbound I-210, just for a top off? Heading north just getting a little anxious, in case of traffic before up and over to Ft. Tejon?

PS got an appointment for "annual checkup" (three months late) at Cat City SC on wednesday. Yahoo! Been waiting ...

The Kohl's in La Verne has a ChargePoint Level 2 and is usually a pretty safe bet.

Address
2229 Foothill Blvd, La Verne, California 91750, United States

I made the Tejon from Rancho Mirage with 27 miles to spare; considered topping up but my range and distance remaining was fairly constant.
That was last Saturday with strong head winds.
The last hill before Tejon was a bit of a concern but I coasted down the last 10 miles and got 7 miles back.
P85 - 21" wheels - some drafting @ 60-70mph

Did it again, from Hawthorne to Quartzsite. This time head wind and some AC needed. I ended up going 2 miles passed zero after doing 55 for the last 15 miles and the entire trip I had to stay around 62 max.

Did you know there's an HPWC at Chiriaco Summit? Even without dual chargers, a 30 min stop there could have helped.

We're doing a road trip this summer -- and this Supercharger site is the only gap in our trip. Backup plan is to stop at the new Cathedral City service center for a few hours (we have a 60...). The rest of the trip will be on Superchargers or overnight charging...