Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Joplin, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will first thing in AM!
Okay so really couldn't see inside the enclosure at all but from what the lady inside, manager Misty, told me it should be up by the end of the week.

Attachments

• PXL_20210430_123834490.jpg
    PXL_20210430_123834490.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 142
  • PXL_20210430_123618071.jpg
    PXL_20210430_123618071.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 85
  • PXL_20210430_123817413.jpg
    PXL_20210430_123817413.jpg
    650.2 KB · Views: 95
  • PXL_20210430_123821393.jpg
    PXL_20210430_123821393.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 87
I stopped in today a guy was working on them asked him when those will go active he thought either today or tomorrow if everything passed inspection. I also asked him if they would shut down the other location and he said to his knowledge no.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I stopped in today a guy was working on them asked him when those will go active he thought either today or tomorrow if everything passed inspection. I also asked him if they would shut down the other location and he said to his knowledge no.
Was he driving a Tesla and/or charging his Tesla on each of the stalls? If so, that's a Tesla employee testing them which is the last step in activation and they will probably be active by tonight (if not already). He probably doesn't want to promise tonight in case something goes wrong (maybe 20% of the time) and he has to come back tomorrow to finish up.

Was he driving a Tesla and/or charging his Tesla on each of the stalls? If so, that's a Tesla employee testing them which is the last step in activation and they will probably be active by tonight (if not already). He probably doesn't want to promise tonight in case something goes wrong (maybe 20% of the time) and he has to come back tomorrow to finish up.
I saw the guy he was talking about, yes- he was driving a Tesla Model X, parked next to the enclosure with his rear liftgate up and a bunch of tools laying around. He had the side of the enclosure open, saw me driving by and waved at me, I didn't talk to him however.

Edit to add: I didn't have a good angle into the enclosure- I didn't see anything green there from the angle I had. That isn't to say there isn't one inside or elsewhere. They did tear up part of the entrance to the parking lot to run wiring under it toward the back of the store when they were working on it weeks back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tdreamer
I saw the guy he was talking about, yes- he was driving a Tesla Model X, parked next to the enclosure with his rear liftgate up and a bunch of tools laying around. He had the side of the enclosure open, saw me driving by and waved at me, I didn't talk to him however.

Edit to add: I didn't have a good angle into the enclosure- I didn't see anything green there from the angle I had. That isn't to say there isn't one inside or elsewhere. They did tear up part of the entrance to the parking lot to run wiring under it toward the back of the store when they were working on it weeks back.
Go back and check on it ASAP then. If I were a betting man, I'd say this one is active now. And if not now, at some point on Saturday. The guy who activated it probably drove down from KC or STL and he's not going to want to spend his weekend in Joplin.

Reactions: Tdreamer
👎 your responses to those giving it’s latest status at their convenience.
I didn't quite understand your post, but I take it you are objecting to my overexuberance! Anyways, you don't have to check on it if you don't want to. But some of us like to add a new pin to the map and I'm pretty sure the next guy who stops in will be able to provide confirmation that it's open so that will be nice :)

The supercharger is now half online (4 stalls of 8 are not lit up) and showing up on the map in the car! I tried it out and it works. Car screenshot below is only showing 2 of 8 because someone else was there already charging when I plugged in.

Attachments

• B3828980-954D-429D-9940-D60F6828FFC3.jpeg
    B3828980-954D-429D-9940-D60F6828FFC3.jpeg
    416.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 25699805-5BDA-441F-8413-9A081A035D95.jpeg
    25699805-5BDA-441F-8413-9A081A035D95.jpeg
    423.9 KB · Views: 83
Good to see that they are working on this. The other bank of Superchargers in Joplin is/was (have not been in a while) the worst location I have ever seen. Next to a condemned hotel, a bunch of old full dumpsters and industrial equipment from the condemned hotel, and a spooky totally empty convention center that would have been a great location for a horror movie. A truly creepy place - especially with signs on the old hotel stating DANGEROUS. I always made sure I could make it through to Springfield or Catoosa rather than stop there...

Does anyone know why Tesla currently shows this location as "Temporary Closure"? Abrp also shows it as unavailable, but I'm sure they are just repeating what they see from Tesla. Plugshare's last check-in here was on Nov 11, 2021.
Tesla's Supercharger map says it is fully operational. So I'd go with that (although I did not go out and look it up in my car). Temporary failures are not unusual.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia