Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kalispell, MT (under construction Apr 2024, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by the new CCS/Chademo chargers in Whitefish today. One thing they forgot to say is the DC fast chargers are shared across the four chargers. If they are all in use you will pull a max of 31 kW. This is still better than the alternative plaguing the Kalispell area but a supercharger is still very much needed. I excitedly await the release of the CCS adapter. If I am able to get my hands on one early on I will happily loan it out to adventurers heading northbound into the Kalispell desert. Also, the chargers are 100% free as of right now.
Was gonna ask if they at least charge per kWh vs by time..

Stopped by the new CCS/Chademo chargers in Whitefish today. One thing they forgot to say is the DC fast chargers are shared across the four chargers. If they are all in use you will pull a max of 31 kW. This is still better than the alternative plaguing the Kalispell area but a supercharger is still very much needed. I excitedly await the release of the CCS adapter. If I am able to get my hands on one early on I will happily loan it out to adventurers heading northbound into the Kalispell desert. Also, the chargers are 100% free as of right now.
Where are you trying to get the hardware from? Do the Korean ones work on US models?

So if there is no one there you pull 48.3kW.
On a 10 ski resort jaunt through BC and the US. Half bumming it in ski parking lots, and half in motels. Very thankful these are in for the Glacier traveler. I witnessed some stressful people last year.

Attachments

• PXL_20220207_210033070.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220207_210033070.MP.jpg
    983.9 KB · Views: 146
Is it just a matter of getting on their web site and placing the order via a credit card? No Tesla involvement?
You have to provide them with your Tesla account login credentials so they can order it from Tesla Korea. I may do this but if I do I will delete my linked credit card from my account first and change my account password after it shows up in the order history.

You have to provide them with your Tesla account login credentials so they can order it from Tesla Korea. I may do this but if I do I will delete my linked credit card from my account first and change my account password after it shows up in the order history.
Harumio no longer requires you to give them your Tesla account information. The changed this a couple of weeks ago. Much better now.

Now are there any CCS stations in Kalispell ?

Harumio no longer requires you to give them your Tesla account information. The changed this a couple of weeks ago. Much better now.

A user on plugshare reported yesterday that the new charging stations at the town pump convienience store which includes 1 CCS station are now operational. There are also CCS stations in Whitefish.

I finally bit the bullet and ordered late yesterday. Wasn't asked for any Tesla account information and used my credit card to purchase. Now hoping to get delivery before heading on trip that will require an adapter for the Charge Point unit in Norway, MI.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
It’s truly baffling to me why Tesla would let another summer travel season to Glacier and the Flathead Valley go by without a SC? This, along with Omak, are glaring, egregious holes with plenty of businesses to proposition. But! Quincy! 🙄
I believe they had one planned, but got a lot of resistance - so gave up. There were other (more important) locations at the time.

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
I finally bit the bullet and ordered late yesterday. Wasn't asked for any Tesla account information and used my credit card to purchase. Now hoping to get delivery before heading on trip that will require an adapter for the Charge Point unit in Norway, MI.
I did as well! We are heading to Cape Breton Highlands National Park in Canada next month and it should make that trip easier. Thanks to @KJD for letting us know they no longer require account info.

Unless they fixed the Town Pump CCS Chargepoint units recently, don't count on those. I arrived late (after 2AM) two weeks ago and was unable to charge.

The failed charge sessions also caused my charge port to be unusable at any charger (L2/L3) until the next day, after the car had gone into deep sleep overnight. I ended up calling Tesla at 3AM to arrange for a possible tow to Spokane the next morning (if the charge port issue wasn't resolved). Needless to say, I'm glad things worked the next day.

Ended up relying on L1 and public (scarce) L2 chargers for the rest of the week because I didn't want to test those horrible CCS Chargepoint units again...