Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kalispell, MT (under construction Apr 2024, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You only get three votes per voting cycle so choose wisely (and choose Kalispell)!

I voted for Kalispell once with my Tesla account, and again with my wife's Tesla account (she said I could). If the local dealerships, who own the local governments, didn't lobby behind the scenes against approving the chosen locations, there would probably already be a working Supercharger Station in Kalispell.

Auto dealerships are scared shitless that EV's will decimate their businesses, especially their profitable service and repair business. They are not wrong about that, but I consider it poor form to hold up progress for their own greedy financial interests.

That said, when was the last time you met an auto dealership that wasn't greedy?

As long as I keep getting Service as the #1 complaint when I get Teslæ coming in on trade on a roundel, I don’t have a thing to worry about. 😚

Having a string of dealership serviced ICE cars through much of my life, and two Model 3's for over four years each, I can tell you the Tesla service is experience is far from perfect, but it still handily beats dealership service when compared to the 5 or 6 dealerships I used. Enough so that I could never go back to legacy auto and dealership service.

Some good news on this front. An unsubstantiated report from Supercharger King that there are plans for a supercharger in Kalispell:

The other sites are mostly redundant to existing chargers, but the addition of v3s (or v4s!1!!!) will be welcome. Also, St. Regis and the one on the east side of Billings will provide better spacing.

The new Billings site will make it much easier to traverse the state on 90/94. The current site is 4 stalls V2 and its 150 miles to Miles City. New one will be at least V3 and a bit closer. St Regis will be a better spot than Superior (and faster).

Come to think of it one could go all the way from Boston to Seattle using just V3s once these are in.

Last edited:
Exciting to have a new backbone through the heart of Montana. Kalispell is WELL overdue. Replacing St. Regis, Missoula, Butte, Bozeman and Billings is important as these poor old superchargers are coming up on 10 years old next year! St Regis was inconvenient for people heading from Spokane -> Kalispell via I-90. St Regis is much more helpful but the chargers may be ICED a lot.

the Kalispell isn't the greatest location (out of the way of most of the Glacier traffic), but very needed and still plenty around it - it'll alter my path through Kalispell for sure. St Regis is a godsend for that part of the trip and a very very popular stop - it will need to be quite a few stalls to not be jam packed every summer. The address appears to be the lot by the "dog park", which has the room for a nice large supercharger. The Butte one is actually well out of Butte in Rocker, which is a big truck stop - nice for not driving into Butte. Same for the Missoula one, though I do so love it - good for Glacier trips from the other way for sure.

all in all, excellent locations, and Town Pump gets it.

the Kalispell isn't the greatest location (out of the way of most of the Glacier traffic), but very needed and still plenty around it - it'll alter my path through Kalispell for sure. St Regis is a godsend for that part of the trip and a very very popular stop - it will need to be quite a few stalls to not be jam packed every summer. The address appears to be the lot by the "dog park", which has the room for a nice large supercharger. The Butte one is actually well out of Butte in Rocker, which is a big truck stop - nice for not driving into Butte. Same for the Missoula one, though I do so love it - good for Glacier trips from the other way for sure.

all in all, excellent locations, and Town Pump gets it.
Agreed, I have family in St. Ignatius. Now that I live out of State I either have to go through Wye or St. Regis to get to St. Ignatius. Now both of my routes are covered!

Address verified by Marco and a building permit issued 1/24 to Blackstone at that address. ✅
$205k should be 12 stalls or so. No dig tickets yet.
1680065551401.png

1680065919117.png