Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - King of Prussia, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping it is not at the mall because any place in the mall parking lot is all but inaccessible on the weekends or near the holidays. Perhaps it will be in one of the shopping centers surrounding the mall - the one with the Best Buy comes to mind. It's easier to get to/from than the mall, and there are a few restaurants there.

I haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping it is not at the mall because any place in the mall parking lot is all but inaccessible on the weekends or near the holidays. Perhaps it will be in one of the shopping centers surrounding the mall - the one with the Best Buy comes to mind. It's easier to get to/from than the mall, and there are a few restaurants there.

Seasons 52 or Crate and Barrel parking lots work for me. (speculation)

I'll be by there Thursday and will do a drive-by. The area is MASSIVE though. LOTS and LOTS of traffic. Hopefully they put it as far away as possible from the stores. There is NO spot in that development that I see as not getting iced.

I have not really driven by this area lately so am not familiar with it but what is the lot down at the bottom middle of this picture? It's isolated, near the power poles with a couple possible places for switch gear and superchargers...Not sure how much traffic it gets in a day to day basis though.

upload_2017-10-31_22-12-11.png

upload_2017-10-31_22-18-9.png

I guess that lot's a possibility - just looks like a back lot behind Wegman's. Not sure if Tesla would go back there due to the distance to everything else, but I like it and certainly don't mind the walk! Much less chance of getting iced. I imagine it's mostly Wegman's employees that are going to park back there.

I went around the Wegman's and surrounding lots - nothing. That back lot was actually closed. Looks like it was paved (re-paved?) within the last day or two. I'd be surprised if they're going to rip that up now, would have waited. Then again, no one talks so. . .

Did not get a chance to go around to all of the mall lots and garages. Next time I'm out I'll see what I can find.

Any mall location will get iced at Xmas, Wegmans is easy access from the turnpike with some good eats nearby! Red lobster KOP shares a back yard with a turn pike rest stop..
Could get innovative there!

I used a supercharger at the Laurel Maryland shopping center. It's one of those outdoor "Main Street" town center type places. The superchargers were located in a garage on the first floor. They were under cover, which was nice. They may do the same at KOP. I don't think the mall is a good place for them because people would park and shop for hours. I don't think Tesla wants people to hog them up. A better location is the KOP Town Center. Lots of restaurants and theres a parking garage. Maybe they'll be in there?

Last edited:
Short of XMas time, there is usually a lot of open parking around the mall area (Though with all the expansion lately and taking up some of the parking, not positive about this.) As for the KOP Town Center, ANY time I go there, it's a good 10 minutes of driving around trying to find a spot. Parking is definitely at a premium there.

I was in the garage over there once and it seemed like there was no parking on the ground floor (Or it wasn't accessible.) You immediately go upstairs to the second floor. I've not seen Superchargers on the second floor of a parking structure (yet) but was wondering if this might be an issue.

The only potentially good parking area in the KOP Town Center is behind Wegman's. I certainly don't mind the walk and it seems that lot is usually empty because it's in no-man's land. That would get my vote.

Hey guys, I had emailed Simon Properties (owner of KoP) in July to ask about this. This was the response I got at the time.

Ryan,

At some point there will be a install, Tesla will be responsible for this work. Nothing has come across my desk for review.

Gary Supinski
OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
KING OF PRUSSIA MALL

160 North Gulph Road Suite 2700
King of Prussia, PA 19406-2937 USA
T 610.265.5794 M 610.427.9966 F 610.265.1640
[email protected]

BOOM: After this thread came up and jogged my memory I decided to email the operations director who responded to my original email above. He got back within an hour.

Drumroll please.....

The install should take place in the next few months, it will be located under the orange parking garage. I believe they are putting in 8 stations.

Gary Supinski
OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
KING OF PRUSSIA MALL

Last edited: