Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Klamath Falls, OR - Crater Lake Parkway (LIVE 11 Apr 2024, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Praise! That one v2 is the only option for anyone heading north from CA trying to visit crater lake. We were just at the Klamath Falls supercharger on the 4th of July and never could get full speed. It wasn't full, but everyone needed 80%+ to be able to make it up to crater lake and back down to I5, so it was 45 minute charge sessions for all of us sharing power.

Bend and Crater lake in winter are always a stretch due to low temps. Not a lot of great building locations but ideally there would be a supercharger in Chemult (on 97) and Shady Cove (if coming from medford or returning to medford and the I-5 corridor)

Reactions: bruce4000
Here’s my answer. Permits just submitted end of October and in review. 1600A for 8 stalls, either ready for expansion in the future or maybe a new higher power requirement for full V4? Blackstone appears to have jumped the gun on the dig ticket unless it was an early site survey.

1699454389953.png1699454440960.png1699454564975.png

According to Google Maps, all of the addresses around there are Klamath Falls, so I’ll go with that.
Altamont, Oregon is an unincorporated community - so no city government to issue permits.
Notice the permit is from Klamath County.
Though as noted, all the mailing addresses are Klamath Falls.
If one searches Google Maps for "Klamath Falls, OR", the outline of the city of Klamath Falls excludes this new site.
Either Google or DuckDuckGo will turn "Black Bear Diner Altamont, Oregon" into 5140 S 6th St, Klamath Falls, OR.
This site isn't on findus, so who knows what Tesla will call it.

Slightly off topic, there is the destination charger at Crater Lake.
https://www.tesla.com/findus?location=dc11193
Annie Creek Restaurant & Gift Shop | 569 Mazama Dr, Crater Lake, OR 97604, USA | EV Station