Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lansing, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sure wish the one outside Flint was operational too but we're getting there!!

Yeah, Flint is a bit of a charging wasteland right now. I have to go there for work frequently. I did put charging in a friend's house (30 miles away) to help if I'm going to be there more than a couple days. Otherwise it's 180 mile round trip for me, which is fine in the summer, but in the winter it's almost necessary to go back thru Ann Arbor which is significantly out of the way.

Meter is on, stall lights are on, the Tesla tech was taking pictures of it earlier (with his Tesla car plugged in) but drove off before I could ask him status... I'm Tesla-less to test it myself.
fullsizeoutput_1d5f.jpeg

So headed up to MSU on Saturday to help my son move into new apt for senior year. After couple hours of work it was time for lunch so headed to SC to juice up and grab something to eat. I tried 7 of 10 chargers. I was panicking now. How will I get back to Chicago. I had about 30 miles left on our 2015 85D.

Car would not change to Charging from Charging Starting. Charger would just switch from blue to blinking blue. I called for assistance and they said they could see the car on the charger, but couldnt help beyond that. They found a tech who was in on a Saturday in Georgia who could see more information. Although I SuperCharged in St. Joseph, MI earlier that day the logs showed some sort of phase error. They also said I should be able to slow charge still. Now stupid me didnt bring cable or adapter for J1772 with me.

Now I have been heading to MSU for 5 years and before the SC arrived there was a 40AMP charger right by the SC in a parking garage. I have never went to use it and found it in use. Well until this time. Luckily I found another destination charger at a Japanese Sushi/Hibachi restaurant about 12 miles away. Called and they said I could use it.

So nominated for Tesla hero is Ukai Japanese Restaurant, 754 Delta Commerce Drive, Lansing, MI. The owner let my charge all night long and even in the morning so I left for Chicago with a 100% full charge. I left and drafted on a Semi from Lansing to Kalamazoo Michigan. I was getting great efficiency. I left with 254 miles of range for the 226 mile trip. I decided to stop at St. Joseph for lunch and try the Superchargers again. I arrived with 157 miles left to drive 107 miles. I was getting great mileage drafting and staying in the slow lane (also had AC set at 78). Crossed my fingers and the SuperChargers at St. Joseph worked.

Has anyone else had any issues with the SuperChargers in Lansing, MI?

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors