Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charlottesville and Staunton are still on the 2016 map for me. I'm not sure how important Staunton is given the one at Lexington, but Charlottesville seems like it would still be useful.

The lawsuit is about opening a second sales location, so I don't think it would influence Supercharger construction.

Charlottesville and Staunton are still on the 2016 map for me. I'm not sure how important Staunton is given the one at Lexington, but Charlottesville seems like it would still be useful.

The lawsuit is about opening a second sales location, so I don't think it would influence Supercharger construction.

Glad to see them pop back up. In the past, I recall Tesla showing (and openly admitting) some favoritism in their supercharger roll-out to states with more Tesla-friendly legislative practices (NC -v- Virginia).

Hello,
I'm planning to drive to.Baltimore around the 2nd week of May & was hoping that the Laurel SC would be ready, but it looks like it's not going to be open by then. My last SC stop will be in Haggerstown, about 75 miles away. I'll be staying in Baltimore for a week & then heading back via Haggerstown again. I'm wondering if anyone might have some suggestions as to where I might charge during my stay. I've got a CHADEMO adapter, but the Nissan dealers in the area don't seem to be friendly. The company that I'll be working with hasn't told my where I'll be staying yet. I see that the Hayette has a couple of destination chargers. Does anyone have any experience with them as a non-resident of the hotel? Might they allow a couple of hours or even more for a fee? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

That's tough if you don't know where you're staying yet. But like Jeff said, plenty of places on Plugshare. I've found MOST destination charging locations will allow you to charge for a fee as a non-resident.

There's even a guy with a Tesla HPWC on W. Churchill St on Plugshare. . .

Once you find out where you're staying, check to see if they have any exterior 120V outlets you can use. Slow as it is, it'll still be more than enough to fill you back up before you head home, unless you're driving a lot each day.

In addition to the many L2 options in town, it looks like there are some public (and not at Nissan dealers) CHAdeMO chargers along I-70 that you could stop at on your way out of town.

If you're going to be parked all week then you probably don't need anything. EVTripPlanner says that the roundtrip from the Hagerstown Supercharger to downtown Baltimore and back (in good weather) is only 167 rated miles.

Harrisburg was the ugly duckling for years. Now that it's actually under construction, some site's gotta pick up the baton, right? But if Elon's going to double the SuperChargers in the next year, one would hope that'd include the ones already marked as "coming soon" on the map.

Reactions: Karynt