Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG-20160809-WA0000.jpg
I stopped by for lunch and I happened to see the electrician. We spoke briefly and he told me he was out to conduct a final test to report back to Tesla. So, all signs are a go from the electrician's standpoint. Now.....we wait for Tesla................

I stopped by for lunch and I happened to see the electrician. We spoke briefly and he told me he was out to conduct a final test to report back to Tesla. So, all signs are a go from the electrician's standpoint. Now.....we wait for Tesla................

Reactions: Mknac
@evquick, Yes, Aberdeen is the location of the Maryland House Travel Plaza. BTW, awesome avatar pic! ;-)

@jfe_md, I checked with Harford County and they don't have a permit listed yet. Are you speaking of "Permit" as designated on the superchargers.info map? @mikeash explained it like this on the Aberdeen thread, "The Permit status on supercharge.info seems to be more of a catch-all status for any location that's planned but not yet under construction." If it were up to me, I'd wait for the permit application before placing on the map. Oh well. Aberdeen thread is here: Supercharger - Aberdeen, MD

Pertaining to Laurel, I saw a guy from Tesla there on July 26 who had the covers off all the stalls and was going down the line plugging in at each one. This is the same protocol I observed immediately before Strasburg Supercharger opened. Obviously, something else was/is holding up Laurel. Perhaps the guy seen there today was taking care of that. Look closely at the photo below and you'll see the lights were on. EDIT: I took the photo below on July 26, 2016.

LaurelTesting.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: vdiv and kevinf311
Email from August 2nd.

"Thank you for your email. We do have a bit more construction work to complete but we are doing what we can to schedule and finish these final tasks as soon as possible. We cannot make guarantees about opening dates but we look forward to seeing you at the station soon.

Thank you,

The Tesla Supercharger Team"