Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lawrence, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Foxborough was commissioned on Monday. Lynnfield a few weeks ago. The finished sites are all waiting for utilities to do their thing before Tesla can commission. Many are presumably very close to getting the final utility work finished so we should have a few coming online in the weeks ahead.

As of today, both Salem, NH and Lawrence have live meters. Hopefully Tesla can schedule commissioning for both sites within the same week, and soon!
IMG_6541.jpeg

Last edited:
Damn. Hope this 10% layoff doesn't affect how fast these things get commissioned. I know it did with their tesla service department. Took them 4 day to replace my 4way value this week. This was a 2 hr job.

😬

Now, more layoffs have been finalized through an email from CEO Elon Musk to executives, first reported by The Information, stating that 6-year veteran Rebecca Tinucci, Tesla’s Senior Director of EV charging, would be leaving the company on Tuesday, along with nearly all of her 500-person charging team (“a few” employees will be reassigned to other teams, according to The Information).

This is great, perfect timing.
Indeed. All sites ready to commission, underway and planned are up in the air. I have no doubt the sites like this one ready to light up and the ones underway will be finished and come online. With the hits today to the Tesla Charging team, I don't think anyone really knows yet how that translates into these sites going live. We don't know the total headcount for Tesla Charging, and thus what percentage of the team was let go. Those left are undoubtedly in shock (truly no pun intended) and will need some time to regroup.

As to the projects not yet started, their fate remains to be seen. Presumably.. hopefully... many will move forward. I would expect each will be evaluated and a determination made on their fate and a timeline assigned for moving forward. I think only Elon knows why this chaos was imposed on this shining star in Tesla's business. There are many sites ready to start construction immediately and the contractors working those projects are in just as much uncertainty as those within Tesla's walls.

Indeed. All sites ready to commission, underway and planned are up in the air. I have no doubt the sites like this one ready to light up and the ones underway will be finished and come online. With the hits today to the Tesla Charging team, I don't think anyone really knows yet how that translates into these sites going live. We don't know the total headcount for Tesla Charging, and thus what percentage of the team was let go. Those left are undoubtedly in shock (truly no pun intended) and will need some time to regroup.

As to the projects not yet started, their fate remains to be seen. Presumably.. hopefully... many will move forward. I would expect each will be evaluated and a determination made on their fate and a timeline assigned for moving forward. I think only Elon knows why this chaos was imposed on this shining star in Tesla's business. There are many sites ready to start construction immediately and the contractors working those projects are in just as much uncertainty as those within Tesla's walls.
100% of the team was let go.

Relevant:

I have a different view of this. There is a Tesla retail store opining up in Salem, NH. About a 10-15 min ride from this site. There is also a charging station in Salem behind the mall. The retail store will likely drive the commissioning of the sites due to their proximity to the store and the fact that they are completed.

I guess I’m an optimist!

To clarify my previous response - I also have no doubt sites done or underway will be finished. It's just that with most if not the entire charging team let go from reports coming out today, it may take time for these sites to be brought online - more time than is typical. It's the sites that have not yet begun have to be considered at risk. We all hope the ones that have already had everything completed to move them forward short of shovels in the ground happen, and beyond that hope for continued sites where and when needed. But today's actions suggest those are a lot less likely to happen now.