Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Leavenworth, WA (LIVE Jul 2018, 16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@BerTX @otter off topic, do either of you own a blue MS that wa sitting my in front of Dans with hazards on?
I confess! That was me. The guys at the market said they'd never seen a Tesla, so I brought mine around to show them. We talked about the M3 for a bit, and they told me about the incredibly low cost of local hydropower. Between 2 and 3 cents per kWh, if I recall correctly.

I confess! That was me. The guys at the market said they'd never seen a Tesla, so I brought mine around to show them. We talked about the M3 for a bit, and they told me about the incredibly low cost of local hydropower. Between 2 and 3 cents per kWh, if I recall correctly.[/QUOTE

Hah! I was driving by and was going to stop and take some pics but figured whoever that was is taking care of that ;)

I was there yesterday, and it looks like there’s a lot of ground work yet to be done. I’m surprised that there aren’t concrete pads and curbs beneath and adjacent to the Supercharger stations. The “parking lot” next to the Superchargers needs to be regraded, large pile of large rocks removed, concrete forms and pours completed and the lot paved before the location can open for business. I’d estimate at least two weeks before the location is operational.

I was there yesterday, and it looks like there’s a lot of ground work yet to be done. I’m surprised that there aren’t concrete pads and curbs beneath and adjacent to the Supercharger stations. The “parking lot” next to the Superchargers needs to be regraded, large pile of large rocks removed, concrete forms and pours completed and the lot paved before the location can open for business. I’d estimate at least two weeks before the location is operational.
I agree that there is much left to do. Two weeks from now would be surprisingly fast, even though this phase went quickly. My wild-eyed guess would be 3-6 weeks, although I've seen sites sit much longer waiting for the utility transformer to arrive. I suspect this PUD will be more responsive than the big California utilities, but they may not have the necessary transformer sitting in their inventory.

In the meantime, if you have an adapter, the Aerovironment CHAdeMO in Wenatchee is working normally. And I got a free L2 charge @74 amps during breakfast at the Pybus Public Market today. Gotta love Plugshare!

The CHAdeMO charger in Leavenworth is ideally located to charge & stroll/eat in town. We used it last Sunday, and the charge session took a few minutes to start ‘cause I used PlugShare to pay for it. Actually, this charger is better located than the upcoming Supercharger. It’s a shame there’s only one there.

Nice updates, thanks.

I confess! That was me. The guys at the market said they'd never seen a Tesla, so I brought mine around to show them. We talked about the M3 for a bit, and they told me about the incredibly low cost of local hydropower. Between 2 and 3 cents per kWh, if I recall correctly.
It’s 3c per kWh, yes. Plus all green, predominantly hydro from Rocky Reach dam and a few crazy people with Solar contributing ;). If you’ve never done the Rocky Reach dam tour, it’s good. Not as huge as Grand Coulee, though impressive nonetheless.

Dan’s market is great, and so much nicer than Safeway imo. Prices are remarkably similar, though more due to Safeway being inflated for tourists.

Btw although the 2 west from Leavenworth has impressive views of the Wenatchee river, if you fancy some variety or more fun driving, you might wish to try the Chumstick Highway immediately oppositethe 2 from here. It rejoins the 2 after going through small town called Plain (where you can check out Plain hardware and the Old Mill cafe).

I used the CHAdeMO in Leavenworth a couple months ago. Also used the L2 at Pybus (ditto the Plugshare kudos!). Used the CHAdeMO in Wenatchee last year around the same time (during the Apple Blossom Festival and Tour de Bloom bicycle stage race). All worked great! Tried to use the L2 at Pybus a 2nd time but it was occupied already, sadly.

Can't wait for this new SuC to go online! Might have to make a special trip to check it out!

Cheers!

Yes, here are pictures from earlier today around 11 am. Still quite a way from completion...

Attachments

• A3C37B5D-634E-4FFD-BED5-185D908711B2.jpeg
    A3C37B5D-634E-4FFD-BED5-185D908711B2.jpeg
    691 KB · Views: 133
  • 4D6CE0BB-7CAF-497B-8C22-139C4FCEAA76.jpeg
    4D6CE0BB-7CAF-497B-8C22-139C4FCEAA76.jpeg
    849 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: Acps110 and MikeBur
Nice updates, thanks.

It’s 3c per kWh, yes. Plus all green, predominantly hydro from Rocky Reach dam and a few crazy people with Solar contributing ;). If you’ve never done the Rocky Reach dam tour, it’s good. Not as huge as Grand Coulee, though impressive nonetheless.

Dan’s market is great, and so much nicer than Safeway imo. Prices are remarkably similar, though more due to Safeway being inflated for tourists.

Btw although the 2 west from Leavenworth has impressive views of the Wenatchee river, if you fancy some variety or more fun driving, you might wish to try the Chumstick Highway immediately oppositethe 2 from here. It rejoins the 2 after going through small town called Plain (where you can check out Plain hardware and the Old Mill cafe).

I think the Rocky Reach Dam tour is a better experience overall than the Grand Coulee Dam tour. Rocky Reach lets you go at your own pace, doesn't have security people breathing down your neck constantly and has interesting things like the fish ladder and beautiful landscaping. The best part of the Grand Coulee tour is the opportunity to go to the center of the dam and look over the edge, although that is closely supervised and you're driven there on a bus. Plus, Grand Coulee doesn't have a charging station! Oh - Grand Coulee's laser show at night is really neat. :)

We rented a Model S P85 a couple of years ago and drove from Bellingham to Grand Coulee and back. We charged at various Plug-In NCW sites along the way and had a fantastic trip. :cool:

Reactions: MikeBur
I think the Rocky Reach Dam tour is a better experience overall than the Grand Coulee Dam tour. Rocky Reach lets you go at your own pace, doesn't have security people breathing down your neck constantly and has interesting things like the fish ladder and beautiful landscaping. The best part of the Grand Coulee tour is the opportunity to go to the center of the dam and look over the edge, although that is closely supervised and you're driven there on a bus. Plus, Grand Coulee doesn't have a charging station! Oh - Grand Coulee's laser show at night is really neat. :)

We rented a Model S P85 a couple of years ago and drove from Bellingham to Grand Coulee and back. We charged at various Plug-In NCW sites along the way and had a fantastic trip. :cool:
The Grand Coulee laser show is very good, yes. I thought @JackA and folk had gotten charger install near Grand Coulee now, though can’t immediately find the link, and http://www.pluginncw.com/high-amperage-level-2-charging-network/ I believe is out of date(?)