Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Leavenworth, WA (LIVE Jul 2018, 16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are indeed electrify america. I’d like the Safeway myself, as it is a good stop for supplies, good time to charge, good location at a stop light before the insanity of down town, and has access to the roundabout way around Leavenworth. But so far Tesla has not done a single thing I said, so I would bet on anywhere else.

Reactions: goneskiian
With the CCS adapter, that safeway is always our choice in Leavenworth. Would rather use the grocery store bathroom and get some snacks before a hike than stop at the McDonald's bathroom.
I had problems getting mine to work on those chargers last summer... I could only reliably get one to work, and it was the one most frequently taken (nearest to the exit)... Do you know if they've been fixed recently? Or is this issue specific to my car?

I had problems getting mine to work on those chargers last summer... I could only reliably get one to work, and it was the one most frequently taken (nearest to the exit)... Do you know if they've been fixed recently? Or is this issue specific to my car?
I'll have to check the other chargers the next time we're over there. I've been lucky and only ever taken that one closest to the exit 😅

Just noticed that Tesla now seems to show a second SC location in Leavenworth. And with a Q3 target opening date, this suggests it'd be a fairly certain location at this point. Anyone know more?

View attachment 900448
This was bumped to 2024 on the recent map update so no host yet. Maybe they are looking at putting it in at the La Quinta proposed behind Safeway and next to the Park and Ride.

1677357710394.png

This was bumped to 2024 on the recent map update so no host yet. Maybe they are looking at putting it in at the La Quinta proposed behind Safeway and next to the Park and Ride.

View attachment 911223
Pre-App plans for the Wyndham hotel have been uploaded. No mention of any type of EV chargers. Plenty of spots to add one in later though.

https://lvnworth_wa.permittrax.com/Citizen/Web_Public/CitizenConn_PermitDetails.aspx?R=0%2bhcR8HBFNe5MnAynVlibl1prmOUSiZg4KK9%2b3IWOVm6qevIXb%2bvBW3O1GWBeIP%2bvgtHn3qsP%2bkEe5F9d5JNfVk53Vmz0LU31bFf8pSNMkM0sIIFUiTUVVwY4lEMSQZLAmAwBmIIwoXXvkPk2Lw0dQ%3d%3d

Architect renderings - site plans have been uploaded to a new Design Review submittal related to the prior pre app. Total of 26 spots marked as EV. 8 against the north side of the hotel and 18 along the street which would be across from park and ride. Would be a good spot for 16 SC stalls. None of the proposed elevations of the building show any type of charger at this point.

1684299452025.png1684299647280.png

https://lvnworth_wa.permittrax.com/Citizen/Web_Public/CitizenConn_Search.aspx?R=0%2bhcR8HBFNe5MnAynVlibl1prmOUSiZg4KK9%2b3IWOVm6qevIXb%2bvBW3O1GWBeIP%2bvgtHn3qsP%2bkEe5F9d5JNfWppBZn8oYFN4RCfMv2s1Po%3d

Architect renderings - site plans have been uploaded to a new Design Review submittal related to the prior pre app. Total of 26 spots marked as EV. 8 against the north side of the hotel and 18 along the street which would be across from park and ride. Would be a good spot for 16 SC stalls. None of the proposed elevations of the building show any type of charger at this point.

View attachment 938471View attachment 938472

https://lvnworth_wa.permittrax.com/Citizen/Web_Public/CitizenConn_Search.aspx?R=0%2bhcR8HBFNe5MnAynVlibl1prmOUSiZg4KK9%2b3IWOVm6qevIXb%2bvBW3O1GWBeIP%2bvgtHn3qsP%2bkEe5F9d5JNfWppBZn8oYFN4RCfMv2s1Po%3d
With the recent find by Marco of the new site in George at a Wyndham property, it is looking more like this site could be the next Tesla host in Leavenworth. Starting Summer 2023 and finishing Winter 2024, a Q4 2023 completion could fit with at least the underground electrical and parking lot being done. But might drag longer. Hopefully this moves to an active building permit before long instead of just a design review and then we might see some more detailed site plans. Although, it could go in across the street at the existing Hampton Inn since the new one is a Hampton/La Quinta. Same operators so options.

Last edited:
Finally a hotel with enough level 2 EV chargers (for now). Finding overnight charging has been my biggest problem during long distance travels. I have free supercharging, but still like to get off the network, and save an hour SC charge.

Reactions: bruce4000
sorry I meant the L2 chargers. I guess no one is really tracking them since they are not superchargers lol.
They are not Tesla chargers so they won’t be tracked here. It was just early speculation that the new hotel site might be a host for additional superchargers but they ended up at the new campground north of town. You’ll need to check either the permit status on the leavenworth permit site or find a contact at the hotel company to verify when they will be completed.

Reactions: Colsla