Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln, NB (near Fredericton)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this has been discussed but do I ever think these spots are at risk of being ICE'd A LOT. Unlike Aulac, those are prime spots close to the main building, this location is super-busy and it does not have a parking lot as large as Aulac. Hopefully the signage is clear and Irving helps educate their customers. I understand the other side of that hill is the lot for trucks but I'd have had no problem charging back there.

I know this has been discussed but do I ever think these spots are at risk of being ICE'd A LOT. Unlike Aulac, those are prime spots close to the main building, this location is super-busy and it does not have a parking lot as large as Aulac. Hopefully the signage is clear and Irving helps educate their customers. I understand the other side of that hill is the lot for trucks but I'd have had no problem charging back there.
Maybe the Irving’s can place orange pylons at each stalls, time will tell how much icing. Aulac stalls do get Iced, but usually only 1 or 2 stalls at most when busy. Hopefully they install farther from entrance for the rest of chargers in the Maritimes.

It sure would be nice to know the specifics of the deal between Tesla and Irving. Is Tesla leasing the spaces or are they being provided by Irving for free in exchange for the customer draw opportunity? If the former then there's more weight behind the "reserved" status it seems. Not that it seems to make a difference anywhere else.

It sure would be nice to know the specifics of the deal between Tesla and Irving. Is Tesla leasing the spaces or are they being provided by Irving for free in exchange for the customer draw opportunity? If the former then there's more weight behind the "reserved" status it seems. Not that it seems to make a difference anywhere else.

That is a good question I don't think anyone has ever answered definitively because each arrangement is likely unique. Who knows. All I know is my family has spent more $ eating at the Aulac Big Stop in the last year than all previous years combined (CHAdeMo + Supercharging) and the more Superchargers we have in Atlantic Canada will increase Tesla sales so it's a win-win for both parties ;)

Reactions: NoBeard
Thanks to all for keeping this thread updated. We have made the trip “home” to visit family every year since moving to Maine twenty-eight years ago, but this will be our first visit with the Model 3, so your inputs are very helpful in planning for our next visit. Look for our Maine plates at the Atlantic Canada supercharges this summer, would love to say “thanks” in person.

Reactions: MarcoRP
That is a good question I don't think anyone has ever answered definitively because each arrangement is likely unique. Who knows. All I know is my family has spent more $ eating at the Aulac Big Stop in the last year than all previous years combined (CHAdeMo + Supercharging) and the more Superchargers we have in Atlantic Canada will increase Tesla sales so it's a win-win for both parties ;)
I received Irving big stop restaurant coupons in the mail and will use them tomorrow in Aulac, first supercharge in my new 3 .Maybe in the future we’ll receive a buy one home style meal and get free supercharging coupon in the mail.

Reactions: NoBeard
I still love the idea of the Big Stop in Enfield. Massive parking lot and just outside of HRM enough to curb local abuse. I never thought I'd use it but now that I've been on a few road trips I realize a fast top-up there to get to Aulac is a lot more time-efficient than waiting for a top-up @ home.

This guy called Lincoln, NB in May on Facebook in the same thread where he announced Enfield so I have reason to believe his buddy knows what he's talking about.

View attachment 357258
Any news on where in SJ?

I hope not the one out near the Quispamsis/airport exit, but am afraid that is likely the spot...

New photo from PlugShare
6940330F-0567-4061-938A-260C9E43DBE1.jpeg

I think that is where their company HQ is.
Irving? If so - no. There is nothing there but this Irving gas station... (might be a Big Stop - I never stop there so do not know)

I had posted earlier the need for this to be on WEST Saint John - not way out east - but the consensus was against my thoughts.

Now that it is being tendered - I was just posting my hope that they may have heard me.. haha!