Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lindale, Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@famelec : Thanks for the posting the pictures. ...It was nice of you ... Are you a current Tesla owner? Not that we don't like prospective owners but just curious.

Also I want to hear from current Tesla owners in Tyler area too. I have seen 3-4 Tesla's including one Signature MX and I want to know if we can get together ..we Tesla owners for Lindale Supercharger opening..

@bollar ...Are we planning anything for Lindale supercharger opening?

I've been looking at the S for the last year but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I did put a deposit on a Model 3 so I may end up waiting a couple more years for a Tesla. If you see a Leaf driving around town it might be me...

Reactions: taurusking
I just happened to be passing through at 5am today so here are some night pics :)
20160421_053235_LLS[1].jpg
20160421_053307_LLS[1].jpg
20160421_053346_LLS[1].jpg
20160421_053502_LLS[1].jpg
20160421_053530_LLS[1].jpg
20160421_053555_LLS[1].jpg
20160421_053641_LLS[1].jpg
20160421_053718_LLS[1].jpg
20160421_053751_LLS[1].jpg
20160421_053822_LLS[1].jpg

Yes it's a doozie of a Supercharger station with 8 stalls, and they're all pretty close to the entrance doors so expect some ICE'ing at first, but it's a sign of the times, if you look at the distance of the stalls to the entrance at Waco, then Corsicana, then Lindale, you'll notice CSB doesn't mind Tesla cars being seen closer to the front doors :)

Notice there are now 3 distinct signages with various restrictions.

Also, seven back-in plus one forward-in.

Now that Shreveport looks complete, perhaps we will see Tesla come out and activate Lindale and Shreveport back to back. This is going to make Dallas - to Jackson, MS and Dallas to Baton Rouge possible.

That would be nice. I am still a bit concerned (since I have 70Kmiles on my 85) that I may not have the juice (with degradation) to make the 221 miles from Lindale to Shreveport with five peeps and luggage (unless I putter at 55mph ... which is highly unlikely).

Thoughts?

That would be nice. I am still a bit concerned (since I have 70Kmiles on my 85) that I may not have the juice (with degradation) to make the 221 miles from Lindale to Shreveport with five peeps and luggage (unless I putter at 55mph ... which is highly unlikely).

Thoughts?

Go ahead and go 85mph, because Lindale Supercharger to Shreveport Supercharger is only 104 miles. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: bollar
Whoa, wait just a minute.
Shreveport is NOT done and is NOT activated yet.
Without any cables at each of the Supercharger Pylons, might be a day or two.

You can make it from Dallas to Shreveport without stopping at Lindale, but you will need to spend the night in Bossier City (hotel there has a nice 14/50 just waiting to be used).

I dropped by just now. It's still not powered up. Stall 4C has no cable... otherwise the site looks totally finished and operational. Except... no power.

I'm sure they're waiting on that part before enabling it.

Hey Martin, has the transformer been installed? Did you see a meter? If both of those are complete then they are probably just waiting for the Tesla certification.

Thanks for checking!
cc

Just for you HillCountryFun I went back there last night before the crazy storms. The entire site looks finished... no evidence of construction at all, so while I didn't see a transformer, I assume there is no major items still to go in.

The Sulphur Springs Supercharger is listed as under construction now... guess which crew must be handling that? :)

I did go into the CSB and ask the manager what they new about the Superchargers. They said it would be "another one or two weeks before it is open." No technobabble was used, so I don't know what the details are.

Anyone checked Lindale to see if it is up since Shreveport is operating as of around noon, Thursday,May 12?

Seriously, given this charger is closer to Dallas and construction was complete before Shreveport, one would have to be concerned that there is a problem of some kind.

Denton and Amarillo were commissioned on consecutive days, perhaps Tesla will commission Lindale today.